register for free

Dog News

Police rescue Elsa the dog who was frozen to the garage floor.

Police rescue Elsa the dog who was FROZEN to garage floor after owner left her in there 'for days'
Neighbor opened garage door after she heard whimpering at 9.30am
It took half an hour to free 10-year-old chow Elsa who was 'incoherent'
Her ears are frostbitten, police pursuing animal cruelty charges
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3ST1IFOY4

Your comments and views:
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Thank goodness the neighbour took some notice and went to help. Better not say what I'd like to do to the owner!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2015, 11:05 AM
evil b*****ds, thank god the neighbour heard her cries
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Can't bear to read it, what sort of scum does that, seems to be getting more and more common, or is it just reported more. Thank goodness the neighbour intervened and she is in a place of safety, wish I could read it, but I can't
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2015, 01:08 PM
No don't Tawneywolf. Normally I would say read it, it is your duty to read it as a member of the same race as the ****wit who did this ... but this is too much, it is the worst case of cruelty I have ever heard about, and I wish I had not seen the video of that poor sweet Chow. I have never seen such a look of fear in any dog's eyes ... ever.

I wish they hadn't thawed her out so quickly ... I know they meant well, but it would have been less traumatic and painful for the poor dog to be thawed out slowly, with blankets or cold water ... the agonising pain she would have suffered is akin to being burned.

It never ceases to amaze the strength of bond and level of trust that dogs place ... often mistakenly in us humans. The suffering that poor Chow had gone through, and yet she still responds to the comfort of a stroking hand ... the saddest thing of all is the lip licking at the start of video ... please, please, please don't hurt me! You can see the fear, but also aggression in her eyes ... part of her wants to just savage that stroking hand, just in case ... but she doesn't. This is probably one of the differences between wolf and dog ... wolf unless raised by humans will NEVER trust a human completely ... just in case.

Don't look TW, and I never thought I would ever say that to anyone regarding a case of cruelty.

I would like to set this man on fire, locked into that garage, and listen to his screams as he burns to death ... I will probably get bleeped off Dogsey, but I hope the ****ing little ******* gets his true desserts.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Gnasher,think I'd sooner die than belong to the same race that would inflict pain and suffering on any animal!!No...a race of there own,evil beyond words..calling them monsters is an understatement.Can't be human without a heart,clearly they don't possess one!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I totally agree Lacey ... I have said this many times, but I am totally ashamed of being homo sapiens ... to think that we are all descended from a few handfuls of people who migrated out from Africa ... those few handfuls of people must have included some real ****ing arseholes.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Far from the worst case of cruelty I've seen, but still just mean as hell. The dog is in rough shape, but she should recover. He left her in the garage and then just went out of town. No food, frozen water, bitterly cold temperatures. Really? She's an older dog, so getting her unthawed from that freezing garage was vital, albeit painful.

I hate to stereotype, but much of my extended family is from Michigan, and though they'd never own a dog because they hate them, if they somehow got stuck with one, they'd just lock it in the garage like this dude did, too. Blech.

I won't wish death on anybody, as it's not my place to do so, but I do hope that this dude is caught and punished. These kinds of people tend o forget that dogs have feelings and are living things. Their "Its a dog" mentality hinders them from seeing that domestic dogs are needy beings and cannot thrive without us. What can she do trapped in the garage?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Yes, it was vital Myra, but it would have been better to do it slowly ... the cold would have kept her anaesthetised to a certain extent ... when you suddenly thaw out frozen limbs like that, the pain is unimaginable. Poor darling girl, and such a sweet dog.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2015, 03:10 PM
I guess they thought getting her out of the cold asap was more important at that point. You're right, thawing frozen limbs feels like being scalded with hot water. Dogs are brave and though it hurts it's all over now and hopefully she makes a full recovery and goes to a DIFFERENT and actually home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top