Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Pulled fore leg

jakes hurt his leg ,I no how he did it ,chasing a ball. I shall have to walk him. On the lead for a few days, but is there anything I can safely give him to make it more comfy ,il felt all over his leg and he doesn't make a noise , if his not better in a few days it's back to the vets.
I do have children's pain meds but I don't no if I should give him any
Wolfwitch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2014, 04:02 PM
I'd be careful with pain meds, maybe give the vet a quick call to see what their stance on it is if he really looks like he's in pain. Other than that, upping his dose of Glucosamine can't hurt to help him heal the damage as fast as possible.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Has he maybe hurt his shoulder ? Dillon's been to the vet due to a limp that came on today back paw. Seems he has knocked it or twisted it. On Previcox now for 10 days.
Normally I would say rest for a couple of days which may be all Jake needs. Dillon really was struggling so it needed looking at. Maybe rest him tomorrow see how he goes if it seems to stay the same or get worse then a trip to the vet wouldn't hurt.
I personally wouldn't use children's meds.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Well I've not given him anything I did gentle rub his leg and shoulder .and lead walk only tomorrow just to go to the loo as he wont go in the garden bless him.
TheI rung the vet as he started a cough ,I meet a women with her dog who had it ,I wasn't very pls she took a sick dog to the field everyone goes to to walk there dogs. And then stand there shouting don't let your dog come near mine his sick.
Then she lets hers off the bloody lead.
So now he cough have kennel cough. So vet told me to give him baby's benolyn. And see how he is Saturday