Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2014, 11:38 PM

Does Your Dog Resemble Their Bark?

Interesting question, does your dog's bark and appearance match? There are small dogs with big voices and large dogs who are almost mute. Sophie is only formidable in her size, maybe that of a slightly built German Shepherd. But her bark could wake the dead and I'm sure it has. Even if the invader is a beetle she barks down the doors.

Callie is my big baby but he does have an imposing face and impressive set of choppers. But he has the most pathetic bark. More cranky cocker spaniel and a hoarse one at that. Most of the time he doesn't even bother to bark...too embarrassing?

Someone breaking into our house with only him home would think "Oh just a small pooch here, we won't have a problem". Of course coming face to face with him they'd break out of the wall to get away.

How about your pup?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2014, 05:37 AM
Pereg is a small to medium size dog - more medium than small although and although she is rather overweight for her size she does not look it as she has quite a stocky build.

She has a very gentle face who is more frightened of strangers than they are of her - but she has very big dog's bark so if not seen people would think I have the biggest dog in the world!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-09-2014, 10:15 AM
My Shar-Pei has a deep bark ... when she can be bothered to bark! Since having a Miniature Schnauzer brother she's retired and lets him do the barking for both of them. He has a variety of barks from a high pitched squeak to a deeper "I mean business" one. As I haven't had him long I'm still trying to work out what each of them means!
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Mouse has 2 barks.
I want to play, and I'm not playing.
Thought he rarely barks. You would not be able to tell size by play bark, other you can tell it's a big boy bark.

Think Lacey10 called it perfect as the Barry White Bark.

you can judge for yourself.

[/
Bruschnazzy
New Member!
Female 

30-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Chomper, does not really. People who have heard his bark and not seen him, think it's coming from a toy breed, haha! He's a smaller dog, but not that small! His is quite high pitched and not something you enjoy hearing. Though, I've heard that is how it is for the MAS breed. Thankfully, he also in form, is mostly a play barker or barks to get other dogs attention, and not an alert barker!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
Mouse has 2 barks.
I want to play, and I'm not playing.
Thought he rarely barks. You would not be able to tell size by play bark, other you can tell it's a big boy bark.

Think Lacey10 called it perfect as the Barry White Bark.

you can judge for yourself.

[/
I love his bark
Is that Mouse in the video after yours doing the agility course I laughed till I cried at that
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Yeah quite a lot of AB's have a somewhat underwhelming bark, it varies quite a lot by breeding also. Some lines have had a fair bit of hound added to improve the dogs tracking and baying and they certainly have a more impressive bark on them. Three of mine "yip" but the elder dog has a massive bark with a big snorty roar following it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Which bark Chloe has a variety depending on the circumstances...
some of Chloe's barks which have different tones and emphasis on various notes..
bossy/indignant/informative/warning/happy greeting .
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Yes that's Mouse in the video.

Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
I love his bark
Is that Mouse in the video after yours doing the agility course I laughed till I cried at that
There are actually EM that do Agility, the biggest problem is the course equipment is generally not big enough for them.

At the Huston TX open a 240+ pounder actually broke the ramp going up it.
It's hard to weave also when the hind quarters are 2 sticks back when there going in the next.