Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 09:39 AM

Little & Large

Saying hello to Max the 4 month old C. Asian Shepherd.

His 'dad' is home now. He told me this morning Max is really struggling in the heat. And it ain't HOT yet by Cyprus standards.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-04-2014, 09:58 AM
He does look a sweetheart. Love Bella on the wall saying hello. He looks as big as that young girl on his hind legs.

Have they got somewhere shady for him if not they are going to need a gazebo or umbrella for him to hide under if he wants to be out or a nice cool spot indoors. These heavy coated dogs soon suffer from heat stroke. A paddling maybe although Ollie and Dillon only ever saw/see them as big drinking bowls.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Gorgeous the pair of them
We were in Cyprus on year in July,I love the heat,so it well suited me ,but poor Hub,I thought he was gonna die Really is hot,hot hot!!
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 01:30 PM
They make a gorgeous pair!!

Bella looks as if she's giving him the low down on local life as she's stood up there on the wall
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 01:45 PM
July kills me too Lacey if I ain't under the aircon or in the water.

Lynn - his coat is sort of velvety. But is quite thick fur. He is a real pussycat (as you can see) could have Bella off that wall in a heartbeat by just a flick of his nose! But he comes bounding over destroying the hedge to get to her and just stays there waiting for a fuss.

The partner was there today - he obviously hails from S. Africa. Her accent is a Newcastle or Sunderland one.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Awwww, little and large indeed I had to laugh at her yawning there though, as if to say, come on mum, stop talking we need to get ooooooooon I hope he stays as friendly as this when he's a big grown up boy which I'm sure he will. They'll have to sort something out for him when that really hot weather arrives though won't they.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Wow, he is enormous and will still have so much growing to do She'll definitely be needing a saddle and bridle or cart and harness for him

Its wonderful that he is such a friendly chap ..... long may it last as he'd be even more of a handful if he wasn't friendly . Dear little Bella standing on the wall ...... 'cos she's boss
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Well my friends, I am making a point of stopping by most days. Took Mart yesterday and today. She's a sweet little thing but one of those girls I think of as well - goes anyway the wind blows her! Not very assertive at all. Told Martin she can't stand the heat. When I said to her I've been looking up about the dog and they are best kept outside (but query the heat) she said 'but he loves sleeping on my bed' lol! Well I'm sure he does but also sure she hasn't put much forward thinking into what it will be like when he's as big as a small pony and still wanting to sleep on the bed and she has a baby being fed throughout the night! And a partner home for some of the time too!

All you can do really is offer friendship and support. I don't think she gets out much or goes out much. (Probably why she wanted a dog?) And she always rushes out to talk and is never in a hurry to go back inside.

We can spare ten mins a day to check up on them. Let's just hope it all turns out rosy.

She looks genuinely delighted when we appear and call Max and I lift Bella up onto the wall (coz she's already boinging to get up there by then!) And although I thought the dog looked a 'bit odd' with those cropped ears and tail, I am warming to him just because he is such a gentle giant.

I have a few nagging worries about him being 24/7 with Stevie (her name) and how he might react to her having something else to take her concentration and time up once the baby is here. Also wondered about when she goes into hospital to have the baby as here in Cyprus they keep em in for AGES (like they used to in the UK)

Here's another one of the pair of them ...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Oh I hope he is OK too, Pat, because he does look just big and daft really. So lovely Bella has fallen for him as well.
Has she done any forward, or joined up thinking at all as to whats going to happen when the baby comes. What does the partner come over like, does he seem OK about the dog.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2014, 12:24 AM
I LOVE Central Asian Shepherd Dogs. I know for sure I will have one later in the future.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >