Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2014, 06:03 PM

Dog's who like toys...

I hope i can post this (if not just pm me)

As some of you know, i'm getting some new dogs at the weekend after losing my Millie last month.
Due to this i'm obviously loving getting a list of stuff i'm going to be getting and am currently on toys.

I thought this was a good deal (especially compared to the likes of P@H) so thought i'd let you guys know:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOG-PUPPY-...item4d17949eff
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Great idea!

Luckily, that's something I haven't had to do in preparation for my new puppy arriving. He's got plenty of toys to play with belonging to my other two, already!
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm loving the searching at the moment. Currently i've got:

Pet planet crates (although i'm getting siblings and they're not neutered so will hopefully be rehomed with buster collars on so obviously no point getting the crates for a few weeks)

Their tags and collars (lupine muddypaws and tickled pink) although may get cheaper ones for now (they're 6 months, so going to need to check if the collar will see them through to adulthood)

Planning on putting them on Simpsons food (which is actually the cheapest to feed daily on my list apart from Autarky)

And an exercise step as they have lurcher so need a raised platform and don't want to fork out for feeding stations

Unfortuantly Millie wasn't very toy oriented so i only have about three toys of hers and think some pups will like more
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Lady's favourite toy and one she plays with on her own the most is a tennis ball. I get the cheap ones from Tesco, at about £5 for 12, they last her ages.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Tennis balls are instantly torn to shreds by my Nigredo. Not even worth buying at all these days. You can get huge packs and they are all destroyed one by one as you give them, unless you take them away after 2 minutes, which is no fun for doggy.

He doesn't really like to fetch them, either. He'll run after one... snag it and dart off with it to tear it up before he brings it back to you to throw again.

Every toy I see on that site would be almost instantly destroyed by Nigredo. He is quite the destructive Labramutt guy! Toys are really no good. I get him filled bones from Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

He gets the large size because he is 82 lbs but smaller size works better for smaller dogs. Once they remove the filling, you can re-fill it with something they like (such as peanut butter) and they can go at it again. The bone itself is virtually indestructible.

Beef knuckles make long lasting toys as well IMO...

I grow weary of Nigredo tearing up toys within 20 minutes so I endeavor to buy him long lasting stuff instead. Antlers work well if your dog likes them. Nigredo finds them bland and boring and only plays with them a little bit.

He has a Nylabone ring as well... which he has been unable to destroy the crap out of and is easy to carry around etc.

I have heard that hard toys can break teeth etc. but Nigredo does fine and loves that he can keep playing with them instead of sitting in a pile of toy stuffing or shredded plastic looking around at the mess of a toy he just destroyed.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Our toy box is currently full but that does look like a good deal although some of those plasticky toys are pretty easy to damage. Lots of ours are home made out of old socks or we use toys suitable for under 3 year old children as they have nothing that can harm a child so are fairly safe with a dog last well too.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Looks a great deal and thanks for sharing that with us. Alas, one of mine would destroy most of those in minutes .

How exciting and I hope you post a few photos when they arrive
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I will be posting loads of pictures as they are the strangest looking dogs ever (Especially Prada; who will be Poppy). Does anyone know if i can post links to their ads so you can all get a sneak peak?
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2014, 08:49 PM
I ordered the 10x puppy pack yesterday so assume it will be here around tues/wed so i'll let you know how they stand up to two 7 month old pups lol. Could be interesting....
My luck; they don't like toys
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Funny, that tends to be my luck, as well. Hope to see pics and whatnot soon. And in your defense, if they turn out to not like toys, you didn't waste much money on them.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >