Anistel

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: SBT and Bull lurcher
08-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #1

Can dogs eat scallops?

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: jack russell
08-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #2

Re: Can dogs eat scallops?

I gather that as long as you don't feed vast amounts of them, they are absolutely fine.....they do need to be cooked though, and DON't include the orange bit.

Next time you have a surplus, please could I have them!!!!

Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitkin
I gather that as long as you don't feed vast amounts of them, they are absolutely fine.....they do need to be cooked though, and DON't include the orange bit.

I know, we're rubbish! Apparently diver caught scallops will sell for 5 per scallop!

Well I gave Remus a tiny one....asked him to sit and he said 'I can't possibly remember how to do that sorry'...let him have a sniff of the scallop and his bum hit the ground before I could even say sit again!

I soaked up the juices oil and butter with some bread and stuffed that in a kong with a scallop each. Will give it to them in her morning with the hope that if it gives them the squits or makes them sick they'll do it before night time!

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: jack russell
08-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #4

One scallop should be fine...........a whole plateful might cause problems!!

Yes, diver caught scallops must be worth a fortune and there you are trying not to heave as you look at them!!!!

Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #5

Quote:
One scallop should be fine...........a whole plateful might cause problems!!

Yes, diver caught scallops must be worth a fortune and there you are trying not to heave as you look at them!!!!
God just the thought of them again is making me heave! I tried one teeny tiny slice ...the texture was better than I expect.....not pleasant ...but better.

Dogsey Veteran

09-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles
I know, we're rubbish! Apparently diver caught scallops will sell for 5 per scallop!

Well I gave Remus a tiny one....asked him to sit and he said 'I can't possibly remember how to do that sorry'...let him have a sniff of the scallop and his bum hit the ground before I could even say sit again!

I soaked up the juices oil and butter with some bread and stuffed that in a kong with a scallop each. Will give it to them in her morning with the hope that if it gives them the squits or makes them sick they'll do it before night time!
You're not rubbish - scallops are! I hate them too! I doubt they will hurt a dog... as most seafood won't. Especially since your dogs are large and you don't have many of them.

Dogsey Veteran

09-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #7

W have tonnes of cookery programmes over here and one of the biggest is Master Chef....and everybody seems to cook scallops! All the time! And the judges don't ever seem to get bored of them!

Almost a Veteran

Dogs owned: Dobermann
09-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #8

Scallops are lush hand dived scallops on a pea cream with bacon icecream and parmesan foam Heaven! I lurve poncy food me

News Team

09-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey
Scallops are lush hand dived scallops on a pea cream with bacon icecream and parmesan foam Heaven! I lurve poncy food me
I have never eaten scallops [or bacon] so have no idea what they taste like, but that concoction sounds

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Jack Russell Terrier
09-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #10

Quote:

Or me, please, please
I love them, I could eat them all day everyday, especially with a bit of black pudding, or bacon, or a waffle to soak up the juice.
I am literally dribbling here
My neighbour is a trawler owner and one of his boats is a scalloper, I often make him a cake in exchange for scallops straight off the boat, dribble dribble!
Oh btw the orange bit, the roe is the best bit, well for humans anyway!