Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
That is absolutely disgusting Bev,

I am so sorry your having to live like this it's unacceptable and H/A's like L/A's have no legal duty of care which I find appalling However they do have an obligation to carry out repairs in a reasonable amount of time,and having rotten windows which let in the elements and they know about it and have ignored the problem for months is unacceptable.

I am pretty sure sure this wall fall under housing disrepair and you can take further action under section 82 environmental protection act 1990,we did against the council and also claimed compensation,we won our case.

I really hope you get this sorted asap,

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad..._for_disrepair

Bev there is a free phone number on this link it may be worth giving them a call and having a chat and see what they suggest http://www.hja.net/what-we-do/housin...disrepair.aspx
Sal well done with all that info
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Bev that is so disgusting.
Not only is this putting your health at even more risk they are not protecting the house so will end up with even more repairs so there penny pinching ways will cost them more in the end.

I hope you had some luck with Sals links.
(((Hugs))).
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2