Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2012, 06:34 PM

Raw food supplier lancashire/Manchester

Hi I want to switch my dogs to raw. Does anyone know of a supplier in lancs or Manchester that I can visit. If there isn't one locally I will probably order from daf, but then I have to be home on certain day to get it. Not a problem in the winter but dont want it defrosting in the summer! Also i would have to get 50 pounds worth or pay delivery charges. I don't think I could fit 50 pounds worth of meat in my freezer!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Hello Kirsty someone mentioned this supplier the other day just over the border in Derbyshire.
It looks good

http://www.manifoldvalleymeats.co.uk/

here is the thread..
Manifold Valley meats
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2012, 06:56 PM
There was someone on the other day who had found a place cheshire way, they put up a link but I forgot to copy it!!!!
I have a butcher who makes up pet mince for me, I am in South Bolton, there is also Landywoods who deliver twice a month into this area.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks Mini, that was the one I was trying to remember about!!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
ive had my first order from MVM. they are great. the products are good and the dogs like them.

i ordered £39 worth of food and that fits in my chest freezer..

i can take some pictures for you if you like to get an idea of how much space they take up and what their products look like?
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
I am also thinking of switching to 100% raw feeding having finally got other half to agree (he says providing he doesn't have to get involved in portioning it up, he's fine with it).

I have MVM lined up as supplier, however, my issue is freezer space. Can those of you feeding raw to larger dogs (Guinness is 45kg) please give me an idea of how much room you need to store enough food for about a month? I can see me needing another freezer and I don't know where the hell I am going to put it.
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
ive had my first order from MVM. they are great. the products are good and the dogs like them.

i ordered £39 worth of food and that fits in my chest freezer..

i can take some pictures for you if you like to get an idea of how much space they take up and what their products look like?
Yeah some pics would be great then I can know what to expect in terms of fitting it all in. Will google MVM.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2012, 08:28 PM
You need to find out what sort of portions your supplier makes up and their dimensions and then multiply that by the number of portions you are going to feed a day for the length of time between deliveries. I sort of fly by the seat of my pants,having got 3 girls, 2 over 45 kg and one who will be in a few months and another one who will be in a year or so. But I have a butcher who does his own 100% chicken pet mince so I can always fall back on him, plus I use tinned fish as well as the lamb and chicken I get with the bones from a friendly butcher.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 02:52 PM
i ordered 43lb of minces, 5lb of chicken wings, 2lb of liver, then 3 pig trotters, a whole rabbit and a tray of 4 hare shoulders. i think my freezer is 60 litres? quite a small one. but that food should feed the 3 dogs here for about 2 months.

here is my freezer with the whole order in. i can probably fit a bit more in to be fair!

beef mince

lamb mince

tripe

pork mince

trotters

hare shoulders

chicken wings

this is a whole rabbit which they kindly chopped into 3 for me!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2012, 05:23 PM
That looks really well and sensibly packaged and you could put it in odd corners if needs be. Will be having a look at the site I think. Trouble is I get so many bones and chicken and lamb carcass that I rarely get the room to put a full order in, but I could do with some of the stuff you get like the hare and the rabbit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >