Or Register for FREE!

Anistel

Banned / Account Closed

12-08-2005, 09:22 PM   #1

Broadband (again!)

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: German Shorthairs and Springer
12-08-2005, 09:35 PM   #2

Re: Broadband (again!)

Foxy, my broadband is through Wanadoo, I have just been looking back and they sent me my username and password the day after I ordered it. Then ten days later i got the email to say the line had been activated- although I had already installed the modem and the line had actually been activated a few days before i got the email.

Should have said that the email that told me my username and password was received even before the modem arrived. Did you get an email from them after you had ordered it? welcoming you to broadband? cos thats when they sent me my password

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Border Terrier
Stewart is Male
12-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #3

My NTL Braodband was up and running within 2 days of ordering it

Banned / Account Closed

Dogs owned: X breed
lollippy is Male
12-08-2005, 10:07 PM   #4

Have you tried connecting your broadband modem to the line, (as per the instructions with it) you may get a pleasent surprise.

Mine wasn't due for activation till the Monday, I connected the broadband modem on the Friday before to see what happened, and hey presto, I was already connected

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Bullmastiff and Boxer
Steve is Male
12-08-2005, 10:13 PM   #5

Phone them Foxy and ask them for your password and usename-you havent got anything to loose! Or do like what Lolippy said and connect the modem to pc/laptop and see what happens.

Dogsey Veteran

Fred is Male
12-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #6

Phone them Foxy and ask them where the problem is i didnīt need a password nothing just conected up and no problem the details for the router they phoned me and told me them in spanish

Dogsey Veteran

Fred is Male
13-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #7

morning Foxy sorted it out ?

Banned / Account Closed

13-08-2005, 09:03 AM   #8

Well day 10 and STILL no email from them. I am coming to the conclusion that Wanadoo should be renamed Wanadont, they are useless I tried sending them an email twice to explain our predicament but it said there was an error so I have just emailed them again at a different email address that they gave me.

The problem is that it has got to be my partner that phones them because the account is in his name so they won't answer my questions. He won't be around until this afternoon and simply hates phoning people so I am going to have to persuade him gently - phone em or you're DEAD

Banned / Account Closed

13-08-2005, 09:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
morning Foxy sorted it out ?

Fred, we must be telepathic - I was just answering whilst you were posting - is that spooky or what

Banned / Account Closed

13-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Het
Foxy, my broadband is through Wanadoo, I have just been looking back and they sent me my username and password the day after I ordered it. Then ten days later i got the email to say the line had been activated- although I had already installed the modem and the line had actually been activated a few days before i got the email.

Should have said that the email that told me my username and password was received even before the modem arrived. Did you get an email from them after you had ordered it? welcoming you to broadband? cos thats when they sent me my password
Hi Het,

I have forwarded the email that they sent us to you so that you can see if you can see any username etc because I am certain there isn't one.

Wish I had gone with BT now - even they have to be faster than this