Or Register for FREE!

Anistel

Banned / Account Closed

02-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #1

What would you do?

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

Fred is Male
02-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #2

Re: What would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy
My O/H has bought a laptop for us to use today from PC world and it has got a pinprick with green light showing through near the top of the screen which Graeme says is a dead or stuck pixel. Well I have phoned their helpline and they said that the store wouldn't change it unless it was in the middle of the screen and spoiling the viewing. It was nearly 800 so do you think we should try to get another or do you think that it is better to just live with it The woman on the Helpline said it was very common on Laptops and flatscreens.
Foxy i would take it back and change it lot of rubish what she said to you and you paid a lot of money

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Border Terrier
Stewart is Male
02-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #3

I don't know if it's common in Laptops or not but any inperfection no matter what it is should be exchanged.

If you're buying something new it should be perfect
if they refuse then contact trading standards

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Leonberger and Pomerian
02-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #4

get a exchange if its a dead pixel then its a fault.
if you have just got it they should exchange it and give you a new one.
it is not common for them to have dead pixles it has been damaged in some way during storage, if it was a common problem they would have loads returned don't be fobbed off demand a new one!!!

Dogsey Veteran

02-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #5

It is common but certainly not acceptabe. Afraid I don't rate PC World much. Get it exchanged. Monitors often have a certain number of dead pixels but I've never actually been able to see one on a screen. Wouldn't accept their excuses. Stand your ground and if they give you a hard time the word 'Watchdog' usually gets them moving!!!!

Dogsey Senior

Dogs owned: Rescued Staffie
02-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #6

I would go and give them what for Foxy.

I would echo what has been said, you have paid a lot of money for this and to get it home and it's not perfect then that isn't satisfactory.

If the pixel went after a while of having the machine then fair enough, but not on the first day

Aileen x

Dogsey Veteran

02-08-2005, 09:48 PM   #7

I agree, it's faulty take it back, I have a laptop but don't have any problems with the screen.

Kick up a fuss, loud enough for everybody to hear if they won't change it.

Banned / Account Closed

02-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #8

Thanks for all your replies and advice My O/H decided to nip down after work with it and see what they said. Anyway they absolutely refused to change it and said that they had probably got more in the storeroom with the same problem They said that they MIGHT just consider changing it if it was in the middle of the screen but definitely not where it is (at the top)
I was thinking that when I put pictures on that the pixel will be quite obvious

Dogsey Veteran

02-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #9

Have I got to start the car again Foxy????

Take it back and politely demand to see the Manager of the store. Very politely ask him/her to commit to paper the fault as he accepts it and his reason for not exchanging the item. Ask for his full name and the Head Office address and complaints department, also the Head Office and complaints departments address for the manufacturer of the Laptop and explain that you will be writing to both asking for an explaination of their returns policies and enquiring about training in regards to the customer attitude from senior members of staff.

Dogsey Veteran

02-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #10

Here Here Ashlady! and then if that doesn't work 'Watchdog', and watch them squirm!!