Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Varicose eczema & unbearable itch

I have this nasty patch above my right ankle & oh boy is it hard not to scratch it im scared i will do it in my sleep - slapping loads of Diprobase on it night & morning with little effect. Just want to scratch & tear & scratch it however that would be a complete disaster

Any ideas anyone?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:53 PM
statis or venous exczema relates to varicose veins and so these should be treated.

Have you seen the doc?

Corticosteroid ointment may help the symptoms but not the cause, have you tried an antihistamine?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes! boots do an anti itch skin cream that is excellent.Diprobase made my skin flare up.I have a tube of the boots cream in my bedside drawer.I also have tuubigrips which I wear if my legs are really bad.It protects them at night if I try and itch whilst I am asleep and the slight pressure seems to relieve the itches.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
statis or venous exczema relates to varicose veins and so these should be treated.

Have you seen the doc?

Corticosteroid ointment may help the symptoms but not the cause, have you tried an antihistamine?
Theyre not bad enough for stripping SB. Family inheritance. Dad had them and mum too. Dad had a varicose leg ulcer for 40 years Mum has had her legs stripped 3 times and injected twice. My sister has had hers done twice and my elder brother had injections done twice

Ive had leg ulcers couple times just below this itchy spot - why im paranoid that I dont scratch and break the skin

Doctor gave me the Diprobase to keep the area supple etc

Take Loratadine for allergies - all year round

Have to be cautious with steroid creams/ointments as they can thin the skin - having said that I used some this morning

No answer to it really, just felt like a moan as its itching again - the support socks/hosiery are supposed to help. Probably the warrmer weather has not helped either
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Yes! boots do an anti itch skin cream that is excellent.Diprobase made my skin flare up.I have a tube of the boots cream in my bedside drawer.I also have tuubigrips which I wear if my legs are really bad.It protects them at night if I try and itch whilst I am asleep and the slight pressure seems to relieve the itches.
What is the Boots cream called ? Im going to the shopping centre tomorrow so could get some then
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:26 PM
i use one by boots it`s called derma care itch relief cream and costs around £6
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
i use one by boots it`s called derma care itch relief cream and costs around £6
Thanks Dooley I will look out for it tomorrow