Anistel

New Member!

Dogs owned: x
30-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #1

Selgian in older dogs

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Junior

Dogs owned: Boxer,B.Collie, Coker Spaniel
30-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #2

Re: Selgian in older dogs

My boxer is on Selgian following neurological problems. After a few days he has become a different dog more like his old self. My vet did say not to expect anything for up to 2 months as they can take this long to work...he is also on vivitonin and the selgian increases the effectiveness of the vivitonin and therefore can give the brain a good "boost" of oxygen etc..

My 13 yr old border collie suffered senility and my vet put her on vivitonin which worked wonders (it increases blood flow to the brain)...

I truely hope your woof feels better soon...

New Member!

Dogs owned: x
01-05-2011, 06:09 AM   #3

Re: Selgian in older dogs

ok, that's helpful. he's also on vivatonin, has been for a while now. the drugs he's on now are stage 2 of treatment for canine cognitive dysfunction. i hope as you say the drugs are long term, it's hard not to expect a quick fix.