Or Register for FREE!

Anistel

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: chinese crested
15-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #1

DAF- what meats do people order from them?

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #2

Re: DAF- what meats do people order from them?

When I used to use DAF, I ordered the beef chunks, (one of mine loved those beef chunks, then they changed them and he wouldn't eat them anymore, they said instead of hand cutting them it was done by machine but my boy said 'no' the beef is different......) The others eat anything so it didn't bother them. I remember ordering the following: Rabbit mince, lamb mince, phesant mince. And the one they did with offal in but none of mine liked that one really. Also the big bones. I moved from Landywoods to DAF so I hope that answers that question. Then I stopped feeding raw as my dogs seemed to get bored of it. They have the odd bone now and again but that is pretty much it.

Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf
When I used to use DAF, I ordered the beef chunks, (one of mine loved those beef chunks, then they changed them and he wouldn't eat them anymore, they said instead of hand cutting them it was done by machine but my boy said 'no' the beef is different......) The others eat anything so it didn't bother them. I remember ordering the following: Rabbit mince, lamb mince, phesant mince. And the one they did with offal in but none of mine liked that one really. Also the big bones. I moved from Landywoods to DAF so I hope that answers that question. Then I stopped feeding raw as my dogs seemed to get bored of it. They have the odd bone now and again but that is pretty much it.
hmm maybe i should order from DAF then

Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-clo-x
hmm maybe i should order from DAF then
I would for numerous reasons. Three being : Much more variety, good service and there in no minimum order value. Not sure if Landywoods still insist on a minimum order of 50?

Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf
I would for numerous reasons. Three being : Much more variety, good service and there in no minimum order value. Not sure if Landywoods still insist on a minimum order of 50?
landywoods is 30 minimum. think i will order from DAF but not get the liver and kidneys from them, because they seem expsensive and also come in large ammounts, they would last my dogs a year for the ammount i feed

i know DAF will deliver to mine as ive emailed them, and my mum has said i can use their big freezer, so just dont know how much to order now.

New Member!

Dogs owned: 2 x great dane and a terrier
16-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #6

I used to use Landywoods, but have since changed to DAF. My dogs (2 x great danes) seem to prefer the DAF meat, apart from pheasant. I have 2 full boxes of pheasant in my freezer that the dogs just wont touch. I've tried mixing it with beef, chicken, tripe etc - but they just pick out the bits they like and leave the pheasant festering in the bowl!
Have just tried the duck - dogs loved that.
The meaty venison bones are great (feed them outside as lots of blood) and the big bag of bones is excellent value and great for recreational chewing. Service is fab too.

Dogsey Veteran

16-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMum
I used to use Landywoods, but have since changed to DAF. My dogs (2 x great danes) seem to prefer the DAF meat, apart from pheasant. I have 2 full boxes of pheasant in my freezer that the dogs just wont touch. I've tried mixing it with beef, chicken, tripe etc - but they just pick out the bits they like and leave the pheasant festering in the bowl!
The meaty venison bones are great (feed them outside as lots of blood) and the big bag of bones is excellent value and great for recreational chewing. Service is fab too.
oooh great danes i love freat danes post some pics in the picture section

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: English Springer + Wire Vizsla
16-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #8

Over the years I've ordered:

Beef Mince
Lamb Mince
Beef Heart Minced
Chicken Mince
Rabbit Mince
Heart Chunks
Lamb ribs
Chicken wings
Chicken Carcass
Pheasant carcass
Raw knuckle bones

DAF products are great and the pheasant carcasses make great meals for prey model feeders as they've got everything in there still, heart, lungs, liver etc. You might have to saw them in half though as they weigh about 1lb each!

One thing I will say is make sure you check the PDF receipt with what you ordered - more often than not a couple of things get missed from my order, but a quick email to Lee is enough to sort it out.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: English Springer + Wire Vizsla
16-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMum
It's weird but my Wire Vizsla won't touch the pheasant carcasses either! Isla loves them though so they won't go to waste!

Venison bones are fab too, but they're pretty mahoosive so sawing them in half can be hard work.