Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 04:41 PM

Decorating :)

After having to plaster all the walls in our new house, as it has been standing for 50 years (not exactly new - but new to Adie and I) and getting all the plumbing sorted out, we finally got round to decorating today. The living room was supposed to be Black and Gold and White, but looking more at the paper we're changing it to Silver instead of Gold.

It's not been easy - decorating with three dogs wanting to sit with us and climb the step ladders (we had to take the door off to get things out of the way)

So here is the main focus wall we finished today (we're waiting for more hands before we get the White paper up)

For this one, this is the slate fireplace - it's got a hole in it because the back bolier had to be taken out - I asked the workman to leave a hole - he left a cave!
Now me, Adie and Mum - in - law are disagreeing over what to have in the hole, we were going to have an eletric fire - but they are expensive and if we had guests we couldnt just not have it on (well we could but what would have been the point in getting one), So I suggested pebbles and chunky candles, and Adie suggested that because I havent thought about DVD player and PS3 etc, to have a metal stand (a nice one - he says) in it to hold them, then pebbles or something and my candles can go on the hearth. Adie's mum wanted to cement over the bricks - which I kind of like, and then put an eletric fire or one of those log holder type thingys in - I didnt like that idea

Now I kind of like that idea but I'm open to suggestions

But here is the hole

I will send you pictures of the spare room which we are again half decorating because there are only two of us. And we're only putting the patterned stuff up at the moment
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Ohhh, I love that paper!
It looks '3d'!!!
Well done!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Ohhh, I love that paper!
It looks '3d'!!!
Well done!
I wanted something black and white with the shakespeare type emblem (sp) thingy but he didnt like it so I went for a nice flower one but he thought it was too girly - so we settled on this one, thanks we have a purple and silver type wallpaper for the spare room
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
This is the paper for the spare room, this is just the main wall the others except for a little one will be a silvery grey - really light

Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Ohhh, I love that too!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Right so the last few weeks we've been busy in the bathroom and the dining room.

So here they are:

Need to do some more grouting on the floor tiles but almost there

Random shelving for my candles/smellies

The old Boiler compartment - now a towel rack and dressing gown rack

Just the window LOL

Now for the dining room - complete with the new table I bought yesterday (bookshelf to go up next week ) Please ignore the curtain - as the house has been unused since 2007 spare curtains were needed for privacy.

So what you think?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Looking great
Love the wallpaper in the dining room
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Looking great
Love the wallpaper in the dining room
Thank you..

My OH picked the dining room wallpaper - I wanted one with more white on but when we got to B&Q - they hadn't got any so he picked that one. It wouldn't have had a mirror on it but the wallpaper bubbled and didn't go down Ahhh well
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
It's all looking good, you have worked really hard
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
It's all looking good, you have worked really hard
Thank you - we have loads left to do.
We have our bedroom to do - the gun room (Adie's little man room) the toilet needs tiling, the rest of the spare room, the tiling in the kitchen - new tiles. Carpets in every room or Laminate, painting in the living room (the rest of the walls)..plus more, including the garden - the garden is key as I have to patch up some holes as I have 3 (possibly 3) Dogsey dogs staying with me in the summer.. so as she now has a pup I have to go round and patch up.

Now the downstairs is mostly done - we can relax a bit...

Lots of fun
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >