Anistel

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: GSD x Akita
06-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #1

Morrison rules!

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: siberian huskys,csv's 2 x mutt
06-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #2

Re: Morrison rules!

wow thats alot of offal

wheres the meat?... you say you have just started feeding him raw? how long ago?

Dogsey Senior

Dogs owned: 1 foxhound,1 foxhound X
06-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #3

Morrisons do have oxtails,they can be expensive,but if you look in the section where the short dated offers are there are sometimes some in there going cheap.That's where I get all Cravens meat from.

Dogsey Veteran

06-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs
wow thats alot of offal

wheres the meat?... you say you have just started feeding him raw? how long ago?
Don't worry, I went specifically to buy offal. I've put in a delivery of meat minces/meaty bones/chicken carcesses/wing/tripe etc from the Dog Food Company which I get in a week, so I don't need to get meat from the supermarket.

This week he's been getting prize choice mince, chicken wings, fish and tripe while I'm waiting for my frozen meat order to turn up (ran out of kibble so had to improvise for a week!). I tried beef mince but it gave him the squits, so keeping it simple and introducing things slowly. I had no offal though, went to buy some to tide us over and got a bit carried away as they had such a selection!!! I know it's a lot of offal, I've filled the freezer and I expect it to last him a good while. He's not had any offal yet, going to offer him a little liver tomorrow. He's only been on raw just over a week.

Thanks Craven, nothing worth having in the reduced section today, I'll have to keep an eye out in future.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: BC's & GWPxSlovak
06-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #5

Yep, Morrisons is indeed far superior to Asda or Tesco when it comes to the fresh meat section. I dont bother looking anywhere else but there now. Tesco do sell chicken livers but they are in the frozen meat cabinets.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Westie and Crossbreed
06-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #6

Yes, I get my livers (well, the dogs! ) form Morrisons as well.

Dogsey Veteran

07-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #7

I also get alot of my meat from Morrison... oxtail, pork ribs, offal, lamb necks etc... but my lot won't eat their chicken wings.. have to get them from sainsburys!!

Dogsey Veteran

07-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by settagirl
I also get alot of my meat from Morrison... oxtail, pork ribs, offal, lamb necks etc... but my lot won't eat their chicken wings.. have to get them from sainsburys!!
picky so and so's, that's funny

Well it was offal day today and Cain wolfed down his tripe from breakfast then his dinner of heart and little bit of liver. He then systematically chewed and spat out each bit of kidney he did eat them eventually, but not without 5 mins of contemplation! Not a kidney fan it seems (and he'll eat anything!)

Banned / Account Closed

Dogs owned: GSD and GSDxRottie
07-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #9

Mine wouldn't touch raw kidney either, but microwaved a little bit, it went down a treat

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: English Springer + Wire Vizsla
08-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #10

Do you know it's funny, many years ago when I first started raw feeding I went to the Morrisons Butcher and asked if they had anything for sale I could give my dogs. I got a lovely lecture about how dogs shouldn't eat bones as it was dangerous blah, blah, blah, only to find all I really needed was a recession so that they'd start selling the odds and ends to the general public anyway!

Wonder if I'm brave enough to try Morrisons Butcher again......