Anistel

Dogsey Senior

Dogs owned: Border Collies
22-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #1

Dogs and Rain

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Akitas
22-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #2

Re: Dogs and Rain

My Keisha LOVES it (Zeke doesn't, he'd rather stay at home).

Just this morning I took her for a longer walk than usual, and typical - halfway round it started hoying it down really badly, do we go back or carry on?! Well she knew what was coming next...she LEPT into the air with excitement and we legged it all the way home (about 2 miles!) She was smiling and jumping around all the way!

I couldn't resist taking her pic when we got in, she was soaked! Here she is 'hung up' to dry on our bannister, lol, not lierally! She actually doesn't look half as wet as she really was!

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: ESS,2 Dalmatians
22-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #3

My 2 long coated dogs don't mind the rain (well Becka the collie doesn't mind going for a walk in the rain but not so keen going out for a pee in the rain) but Cooper my Dalmatian isn't a fan of the rain so I have bought him a coat so he can still enjoy his walks (and I don't want him to shiver off any weight I have put on him.)

Dogsey Senior

Dogs owned: Border Collies
22-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #4

Keisha looks like a very happy girl!

My collies won't go in the garden in the rain they just stand at the door and sniff the air.

Have you had trouble with Cooper's weight?

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: 3 GSDs
22-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #5

Aaawwww..look at that face! I lveo Akitas!

Zane never liked the rain and I used to have to try really hard to coax him out. Now he's not so bad unless it's like monsoon season and then he plants his feet on the floor and refuses to go anywhere. I don't see the point of forcing him if he hates it that much.
But now, usually he's not too bad. He also has a waterproof coat for the lighter showers as he still ins't keen but at least he will go ut in it now.

The others couldn't care less one way or the other. They all seem to take great pleasure in waiting until they're stood in the living room before shaking off all the excess water. I'm sure they know they should do it in the kitchen, if anywhere in the house at all. Typical mischievous GSDs!

Laura xx