Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 05:26 PM
so sorry to hear what has happened

poor cat, and owners having to watch. and i feel for you and your family too, as it was no ones fault. i agree, that you should have extra measures in place to ensure it cant happen again.

and im sure he wont be PTS, im sure its just if it was a human that he would be.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 05:35 PM
How tragic.
I have a cat and can imagine how they must be feeling but I also have a greyhound.
Just a tragic accident, dont beat yourself up over it there is no point now xx
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Danny killing the cat and feel for you and the cats owners to.
Danny won't have to be PTS as the law doesn't apply to dogs killing cats.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone... It's Zoe's husband here. She has had to go back to work untill midnight (nursing). She has asked me to check if she has had any replies..Thanks for getting back to us so quickly. We are gutted for the cat and its owners but are somewhat relieved that he probably not have to be pts, He is a wonderful dog and only found his forever couch 18 months ago when we rescued him. You have all been so helpfull and thoughtfull.... If anyone does have the definative legal position, please let us know so we can sleep tonight...... Thanks again to you all
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Hi everyone... It's Zoe's husband here. She has had to go back to work untill midnight (nursing). She has asked me to check if she has had any replies..Thanks for getting back to us so quickly. We are gutted for the cat and its owners but are somewhat relieved that he probably not have to be pts, He is a wonderful dog and only found his forever couch 18 months ago when we rescued him. You have all been so helpfull and thoughtfull.... If anyone does have the definative legal position, please let us know so we can sleep tonight...... Thanks again to you all
I'm glad your all feeling a tad better. I'm 99.9% sure that your dog will not have to be put to sleep, I'm trying to find the link for you...bear with me
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:28 PM
This is an informative website relating to dogs and the Law, hope it helps.

http://www.doglaw.co.uk/?gclid=CLz_k...FU0B4wodzBnv0g
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
This is an informative website relating to dogs and the Law, hope it helps.

http://www.doglaw.co.uk/?gclid=CLz_k...FU0B4wodzBnv0g
That's the one I was trying to find, also this one

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pet...rous/index.htm

Your dog is not dangerous, so I wouldn't worry too much, A good idea would be to give it till tomorrow then go see the neighbour and explain again what happened. I'm sure that it will be ok. It all looks a bit black and white when you read it, but they have to proove that your dog was a danger to them, which am sure he wasn't and if they are decent people then I'm sure they will agree.

Keep us posted and good luck xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I am sorry to hear about this tragic accident.

Having owned cats have none now I can understand your Neighbors upset. I am sure when things have calmed down they will realize not much can be done about it as cats are free too roam I know you say it was in their garden, but maybe the worst that will happen is someone will give you a knock and explain that you need too make sure it can't happen again. Which I am sure you will and you know that already anyway.

I would of been more than appreciative of you coming to apologize it it had been my cat.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the link... Zoe and I are relieved but very sad...
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi Lynn. Thanks for reply.. We did go to see the cats owner. Obviously they were upset... and we did apologise. Quite understandably, they were not keen to listen.. Maybe we will go again in a few days....
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »