Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Dogs left in car in the sun!!

I had a trip over to Hollingbury in Brighton today, went into Asda, when I returned to my car parked alongside me was a Ford Mondeo in the full sun ( very warm here today ).
Inside was the most beautiful SBT shut in the boot, panting and looking very uncomfortable.

I returned to the store with the car number plate and asked if they could put a tannoy message out for the owner. On returning to the my car I found a blanket and a newspaper in the boot and covered the glass window to at least shade the dog.

I went around the car and the driver window was open about 2", but it was so warm behind the glass. I waited and the security guard came back over to me and took the car reg again, and did another tannoy message.

30mins later a women and her 2 children arrived and said is everything ok ....... I removed the blanket and newspaper, and managed to say very little!!!! The owner then announced the dog was ok and she had another 40 dogs at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! She didn't even look in the boot, just got in the car and drove off!!
The security officer said "It happens all the time".....
I couldn't sit in the car without my window open today or the fan on... when will people realise, it really saddened me
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 09:10 PM
40 DOGS

Back to the matter in hand,people like that discust me,she couldnt of cared less about that poor dog,I know its ovious to most but he could of died in that car,arggggggggg
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
If you still have her car reg number report it to the police, also mention that she claimed to have 40 dogs at home so if she cares little about the one in the car imagine how the ones at home are cared for. Make out it's a huge animal welfare issue.
Becky
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I wasnt sure if it was legal or not for a public member of society to break a window if you saw a dog in distress? A good question to put forward I think Trixy.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I made a note of the reg, but gave it to the security officer when they went to make the announcement over the tannoy!!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I wasnt sure if it was legal or not for a public member of society to break a window if you saw a dog in distress? A good question to put forward I think Trixy.
Thread raised ....
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 10:52 PM
im sorry a dog on the back seat is one thing but one in the boot,i knew of a so called dog lover once who took her dog out for the day 2 summers ago on the hottest day of the year,the poor boxer died in the car and she had the bloody cheek to phone me and ask for one of my very much loved and want to know were your going ,and god pity help you if you dont look after my pups ,needless to say she got a very big mouthfull offa me,

if people are sickest to put a dog in the car on a hot day they dont bloody deserve them ,im sorry for the rant its got my back up xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 08:58 AM
what is wrong with these stupid f.....g ppl
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
My husband who is a police officer says........

Everyone has the power to force entry to save life or property (the dog being property in this case), however you need to be extremely certain that the dog is on it's last legs. Standing on the back seat barking would not qualify, rather it would need to be collapsed in a footwell as an example of "distress". You would also need to be able to show that you had made all reasonable attempts to locate the owner and I would suggest getting the police to the scene and let them force entry rather than doing it yourself.
As we live in a "cover your back" society it would also be important that you get the dog taken straight to a vet (if it was in such a state that you had to damage the car to get it out, then it's going to need medical help or a check up at the least). If the owner returns to their car to find the window smashed and you standing there playing with their dog, they may not appreciate your actions.
I would always get the police involved if possible as you will have to justify your actions and it could all blow up in your face.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I would have reported them to the police forst thing then gone in to have them put out a call for the owner.

It happened last year in town that a couple had gone in shopping and leaft their BABY in the car seat on a scorching hot day. Several calls were made for them, the baby was squealing and very distressed in the car, with not even a window open. The police arrived and were about to break in when the parents came out and they gave the police an earfull over the fact they were about to break into the car.... no remorse about the baby having been abandoned in the heat!!!!!!!!!

Some people have no brains!!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >