Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Glad to hear things are moving along for you & hope it continues x
Not sure, but the developmental report might be just a history of his development & key stages at which he walked, talked, used eye contact etc.. I remember we had to do one (it took about 2 hours) even down to the birth & size ( it's quite common for babies with ASD to be large apparently!)
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Well we have done the developmental History today. 1 and 1/2 hours, we are shattered lol.

WE had to recall at what age he did certain things, talk about obsessions etc etc.

Very successful visit we felt.

Next up.....Occupational therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and ADOS (no idea but invloves him on his own with us watching through one way mirror)

I asked if she thought we might get a diagnosis and of what. She said from what we have said so far she thinks highly likely Aspergers will be diagnosed plus also low end Autism.

But obviously its early days and more assessments need to take place but she has said that lots of things we have said is very common to this kind of diagnosis.

So things progressing as for school not even asked how we got on at the first meeting. I shall be chasing them when I have a diagnosis
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
Well we have done the developmental History today. 1 and 1/2 hours, we are shattered lol.

WE had to recall at what age he did certain things, talk about obsessions etc etc.

Very successful visit we felt.

Next up.....Occupational therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and ADOS (no idea but invloves him on his own with us watching through one way mirror)

I asked if she thought we might get a diagnosis and of what. She said from what we have said so far she thinks highly likely Aspergers will be diagnosed plus also low end Autism.

But obviously its early days and more assessments need to take place but she has said that lots of things we have said is very common to this kind of diagnosis.

So things progressing as for school not even asked how we got on at the first meeting. I shall be chasing them when I have a diagnosis
Great to here things are progressing and you are well on the way to the answers you have been looking for and the correct treatment, you must all be much more at ease with things now, and all i can say is bloody schools, bury head in sand is all i can think of, anyway well done you and especially william, keep going.

sue x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 10:06 PM
schools PLA coming tomorrow for an update, things moving nicely now.

William is doing well, had a few anxieties but we managed them ok. Had a major tantrum the other day over tele/wii time. Apparently he is not getting enough time to play the wii so need to figure that out before it comes an issue again

The head asked how things were going today.

Hopefully have more school updates tomorrow off PLA
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 10:18 PM

William is doing well, had a few anxieties but we managed them ok. Had a major tantrum the other day over tele/wii time. Apparently he is not getting enough time to play the wii so need to figure that out before it comes an issue again

Good news......hopefully updates are what you want to hear.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Another step forward
Knowing how to manage them is the key, as for his wii time, perhaps sit him down and open up negotiations with him in sorting this one out, just so he is part of the final decision It sounds as if its all moving in the right direction and William is handling it great guns, "keep it up William", and all involved, its great to hear his updates and progress
sue x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 09:17 AM
another update

we had an Occuptional Therapy appointment yesterday. Went very well.

She has put his name forward for a group session that they run, where they play catch, throw balls, play games etc and they have a snack which they have to make themselves ie buttering bread and cutting up bananas etc. He will be monitored throughout the sessions then a plan will be drawn up of a way forward. Wiliam is really excited as he will miss some school lol. Sadly he wont get in for a few months but at least his name is in the system

She is also making me some tick charts to help him organise himself so I don't feel I am nagging all the time to get things done. He will have a sequenced board which he will work through each morning.

Also he has been given the responsibility of getting his football kit packed every Wednesday and is swimming kit packed for Thursdays. Again she is making me some tick charts to help.

So a good result yet again. William was really good, he was quite chatty but no eye contact. So am pleased with him.

He has a classroom assessment next Monday so things are all moving in the right direction
cliffy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2011, 09:59 AM
that's brilliant news! The charts sound fantastic, think I'll try and adopt that idea for my son .
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I am so pleased for you but even more so for william, just glad that things are falling into place and the only way to go now is forward Also give William a massive well done from me, i love to hear his progress.

sue x
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Pleased to hear he is making progress & you are getting some good advice xx
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >