View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 10:56 AM
An alternative would be to buy two smaller crates and place them side by side and leave them next to each other when your out. If they are in a crate I am sure they cannot do much damage
laura is right. i know people who have been in the breed for years and are VERY experienced and they have had problems where a dog has suddenly turned on the other for no reason.
Even with two cages I would put them *slightly* apart as I have heard stories of dogs attacking each other through cages. Even if they cant reach each other they can still injure themselves if they flip
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Lel
An alternative would be to buy two smaller crates and place them side by side and leave them next to each other when your out. If they are in a crate I am sure they cannot do much damage
laura is right. i know people who have been in the breed for years and are VERY experienced and they have had problems where a dog has suddenly turned on the other for no reason.
Even with two cages I would put them *slightly* apart as I have heard stories of dogs attacking each other through cages. Even if they cant reach each other they can still injure themselves if they flip
Thanks Lel it confirms what I am saying. I am in no means trying to put a downer on you in any way but just be aware how easily these things can trigger.

Lel I am laughing at this too. My neighbour had two Staffs and two cages when the bitch was in heat they actually managed to "do" it through the cage First thought was how sore that must have been lol.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Ive heard thats possible too
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 11:05 AM
A case of 'where there's a willy, there's a way'?

Sorry- couldn't resist ops:
CBT
Dogsey Senior

10-02-2005, 11:05 AM
i wouldnt ever put two dogs in a crate together, no matter how well they get on, accidents can happen and usually when you least expect them.

all my dogs have their own crates and kennels, although they are next to each other so they can interact, none of my dogs are totally on their own, and the only time they have company is if its a mother and pups, and by the time the pups are 6 weeks old the mother has usually had enough of them and will snap and growl at the pups to keep them away from her teats. I usually seperate them when it gets to this stage and just let her have access for a few hours a day to clean them etc.
once her milk has dried up, if Im keeping a pup back, it will stay with its mother for a while, It teaches the pup to be quiet in its kennel and I also dont think its fair for pups to be on their own as theres not enough stimulation for their wee minds, but I would never ever have 2 dogs in a crate together, a crate is made for one dog and one dog only, just MHO
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2005, 06:43 PM
my 2 bitch pupies r sharing temperary as my house is not big enough for 3 cages, but i am moving to a bigger hose in approx 6 weeks and then lucy or lou can have her own cage. (which i have already got)

as me + my oh hardley ever go out at the same time it is very unlikly any thing should happen.

p.s i no that u wasn't having a go just giving advice/opinon.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5