Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 06:39 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, April 16

Good Morning everyone,

Lovely to see Rose after so long glad Charlie is doing ok.

Not very bright again this morning so guess it is going to be wet again, must get Amber out before it starts, not without checking I have the right keys and my phone with me first.

Griff, so sorry your mum's friend is not at all well, I certainly hope they do not send her home like she is.

Harvey, yes you would be well advised to remember to take your phone too with Rhiannon getting on in years and Casey's heart problem.

Lynn, hope Dillon's leg is not so stiff today and June glad the girls behaved last night at least I assume they did.

Nippy Jen hope you got to visit your daughter yesterday and all is well there.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Nothing changes. Off to train another new intake of puppies this morning and lots of returnees. Usual problems given on paper, mainly nipping and pulling. Have a good day all. Sun is shining at the moment. Supposed to be better tomorrow as showers given later today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.
My it is wet out there today it has rained nearly all night and most of yesterday. So needless to say the garden is now a muddy swimming pool yet again.
It is also very cold.
We are off to Peterborough later to look at bathstore baths and do some measuring.
Do not get to cold and wet Moyra while walking Amber.

Lovely to see you Rose glad Charlie has settled in so well.
Hope the girls behaved last night June.
griff I sincerely hope they do not send your friend home before she is well enough. Having argued many times with hospitals about mum returning home to early nothing would surprise me.
Maybe a rehab place for a few days but they are like gold dust.
Do hope all is well with LG and the mem and it is just a busy time of year for them as he hasn't been since for a while.
I remember the red telephone boxes well. That conversation has reminded me when we went to Castle rising in the Easter break they had one near the village tea room and it was used as a lending book library. Very quint and imaginative.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Morning all. Its a gorgeous day, why couldn't it have been like this yesterday? Travelling the M5 with rain and all the spray was a bit hairy. Had a great time though and a lovely lunch and cream tea!
Today we are going to teach Helmut to make Cornish (Devonshire) pasties
Hope you are all well x
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Now are you going to show him the difference between Cornish and Devonshire Cream scones? Not sure it matters which goes on first Jam or cream they both taste lovely!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Lol it's rubbish really, I just do what I feel like.
Officially in Devon we put the cream first and then the jam. Which ever way it's delicious!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 10:16 AM
morning all
Nippy, pleased you had a good day
Moyra...we are having a keys issue with mums friend at the moment
Lynn, i like the idea of reusing the phoneboxes
Brenda, hope training goes well
Mums mate has rung this morning, she is going to be in over the weekend, her infection is borderline...if they can get it under control, she can go home..if not they will have to open her up. Her cousin had a key to her house.... she can now allegedly not find the key...so we have had a phone call to ask if we could go, fetch some keys and go pick up some stuff for her, amazing how when mums friend needs help it isn't forthcoming yet the cousin expects mums friend to go running at the drop of a hat. I am not visiting today, today i will spend at home with the dogs and cat
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Meant to say, i am wondering about LG too...i do hope the Mem hasn't sent him enforced visiting again Lol. Seriously though, hope he is doing o.k and just knee deep in jobs
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Good morning

Hope you managed to get out without getting wet Moyra.

Enjoy your trip round bathstore Lynn. My son went into his local one and asked for help about shower units told go and measure yourself and come back Where he needs to put the unit isn't a universal size `i told him to get a good plumber and let him buy the necessary, having consulted with him of course, then if it didn't fit not my son's fault.

Good to see your Rose, hope you manage to pop in more often.

Your poor friend Griff. Hopefully they will be able to operate sooner rather than later as with Barry they left is so long he ended up with a sever internal infection and acute pancreatitis so unable to do the op until the infection was cleared (4 month wait and 2 further stays in hospital)

Good that you enjoyed your visit yesterday Nippy and hope Helmut enjoys his cookery lesson today.

Hope Gordon is well and only up to his ears in things to do with Spring on his land.

I never go anywhere without mobile phone now and feel lost without it

Dry here at the moment and quite bright but I think rain is forecast for later.

Have a god day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Wow Sue, that is some fantastic customer service skills on display there!!! I woud have been straight on to head office...might have got a voucher out of it Lol wouldn't have ordered all the big stuff from them but might have got some cheapish taps on the voucher Lol
I did try to broach with Kath that maybe it would be best to get the op done now instead of going back in 6 weeks (i think it will be longer than 6 weeks) but she says that if they do it now, they will not be doing Keyhole and apparently according to them that will lead to more complications...me i have no idea, i know she is diabetic so she will need to be careful with regard wounds but for a lady of 67 who has had nothing ever go wrong and not ever having been at the hospital let alone stay in, she is being very very calm....she normally panics and has a melt down...feeling quite proud of her actually
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »