Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2012, 06:00 PM

I've been stuck with

late last year I was asked by my vet if I would foster a young yorkie with eye probs, sooo after two operations we are hoping to adopt him at some point when cash is in better supply but since we got him from a local small rescue they've asked if I would do some fundraising with him and my others!!!! soooooo from tommorrow (thursday the 4th april) I will be at pets at home in weston super mare from 2pm onwards.

It's to raise money for a young lab that has Persistent Right Aortic Arch (PRAA) in Dogs, I'll have my rabble including my ott 3legged staffi and my deaf collie, I'll also have the young yorkie I got from them, so if anyone is local to weston come over and have a goss would be nice to meet people from on here! they got cakes for sell so I hear!!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I hope your day goes well and you raise loads of money
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Not in your area , but I hope it goes well.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2012, 06:16 PM
that is awwsome that you put in lots of effort for the love of a dog//dogs.i truely hope that you raise lots and wish you well.very nice to see and good for you!.go get,m!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
ah damn I'm at my mums atm or i would have loved to have come
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Well done you - it is sort of local to me as the crow flies, but I don't drive, so it would take hours to get the bus to Weston.

I have shared this on FB to some people I know in WSM, I hope they will go along xxx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 10:32 PM
The very best of luck and well done you!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm too far away but I really hope it goes well and you raise lots of money for the treatment of the Lab.
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Just a quick update, I went and did my three hrs yesterday and things went quite well tbh, althought we didn't get many people come over the few that we did were really nice and in the few hrs we were there we made just over £30 for the afternoon, they are running it there untill the 12th so they should make a nice dent towards the £1000 they want to raise.

I took my foster/soon to be adopted my me yorkie and as the photo shows he was quite happy and eventually became quite curious about what was going on.

I even took a few of the rabble in and they were fairly well behaved for a change!

The only thing that really annoyed me was the previous "volunteers" were supposed to be there untill we took over at 2pm, we got there early and was in by half one and they had already ******ed off!! apart from that the afternoon went quite well, I just get the feeling I'll end up doing another stint but hey!