Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2024, 07:50 AM

Sunday 7th April 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good evening. I have been for a very blowy walk. Have decided to leave it to others to start the thread as I don't have much to say differently each day. Have a good day today everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2024, 08:46 AM
Good morning Brenda pleased you had a good walk. Most of us are the same as you the same old every day. Don't give-up on us though.

Lovely and sunny but windy here. Teazle walked and batch of macaroni cheese made now cooling before going in the freezer. This afternoon plan to run some grass seed with ferliser over both lawns. I cut it yesterday afternoon so should be ok for a couple of weeks now, fingers crossed.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2024, 09:48 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Very blowy here too.
A sheet and some ziplock bags on the line double pegged.
Off to get a few bits of shopping in a bit.

brenda glad you didn't get blown away.
Sue sounds like a more peaceful day today.

brenda I think we are all the same not much different to say daily.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2024, 12:21 PM
Just had some sad news midday today.To put you in the picture my cousin in law let us get on the housing ladder many years ago. We are not a close knit family by any means, mainly Christmas cards type of thing. Well just got a phone call saying his wife ,my cousin, had passed away. Unfortunately her sons didn’t know my sister and I even existed. So consequetly the funeral is tomorrow morning and no way can we get to be there at the time of the funeral.Also No one can get hold of my sister either to let her know.
It is a shame her sons didn’t properly check to see if they had missed any relatives and went ahead irrspectively. Just felt it worth a mention
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2024, 12:52 PM
Sorry for your loss Barry.
It is a shame but families it seems (some) not all lose touch, we grow up to marry and particularly nowadays move away and great distances.
With work and life in general and caring for our own families we seem to never find the time to catch up.

I have to brothers one lives 3/4 of an hour away we do catch up but maybe not as often as we should the other lives over two hours away not the easiest to get along with and we only seem to catch up at family funerals.
I have nieces and cousins all over the country and I often think we should have a get together but as we all get older traveling becomes a spanner in the works too.

Gorden has a brother and his dad who lives in Devin due to family issues many years ago Christmas cards are all we do.

It would have been nice to have been informed so you could have at least made the choice to attend if you could have.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2024, 01:51 PM
Afternoon all

Windy here but suspect thats country wide.

Been out to a Mind Body Spirit event this morning with my friend STeph. she brought a fair few bits of jewellery and odds and ends but I brought nothing. This hopefully is my now less is more/decluttering mindset working evrything I picked up I thought "do I need it, do I really really want it, will I wear/use it." and put everything back down. Back home and doing not a lot watched my watering can go round the garden a couple of times and when it settled went out and popped it in the shed. Roast chicken lunch and all is well with the world.

Is anyone else watching the BBC series Pilgrimage? I am enjoying it one more episode to go. Also the new TV series This Town takes me right back to the early 80’s weirdly.

Brenda Please don't stop starting the daily we are all creatures of habit and routine.

Sue Morning do you know one think I have nver been able to bring myself to eat is macaroni cheese, but I hope you totally enjoy yours.

Lynn Hope you go the bits your requried I poped the towels from my shower on the ine when I popped out and hoped they would be there when I came home they were, but I did not put a prop under them left the line low that seemed to be swining viciously enough. LOL

Barry Sorry to hear of your loss but without yourself or Sue in the picture would your two lads know you had a cousin and how to contact them? I doubt they meant omit you and your sister.

Chris Hope all is good with you all. Also that Gary is not as narky.

Griff Hope you are feeling a little better and has the steriod cream helped?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2024, 07:29 PM
Well I hope you all had a good afternoon. I watched two episodes of Silent Witness and boy were they dramatic. Here for this evenings entertainment are two words for you: neurulae and kufi. Night all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2024, 07:41 PM
From my search neurulae is to do with AI.
Kufi a brimless cap worn by men in South Africa.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2024, 08:50 PM
Good evening all

Blimey that wind today was enough to take your breath away. Dry though which was a bonus

I don't see my family in Barnsley nearly enough these days. We are hoping though to get over there sometime during to summer for a catch up

Gary is the opposite of narky at the moment. Completely over the top jokey.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2024, 06:08 AM
Ah Lynn my dictionary on scrabble said it was a vertebrate embryo, whatever that is?