Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-11-2006, 03:10 PM

Alaskan Malamute seeks a home

Hi have just had a call we have a 7 month old unneutered male Alaskan malamute needing a home he is very territorial in the house and garden but is ok with other dogs and cats outside of the property he is not good with small children so would need to go to a home with either no children or older teenage children, he is still with his owner at this time he is currently in Long Buckby Northamptonshire he is pedigreed and registered but these will be kept by the trust and he will be neutered if anyone would like to offer him a suitable forever home and have knowledge of this wonderful breed please contact Jane or Myself
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 03:58 PM
have you contacted Breed rescue??

I am sure they will have a list of homes waiting..
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 04:16 PM
nooooo dont do this to meee!!
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi I have emailed a joan shehaan apparently she does alaskan malamute and have asked for her advice and help we are so worried that this boy will end up in the wrong hands so he needs a knowledgable person on the end of his lead so to speak he sounds a very dominant alpha male type boy but in the right hands should come on really well obviously one of those poor pups that get bought by someone who thinks they llok oh so cute but they dont realize what they are actually taking on and have allowed him to get away with murder such a shame if I didnt have these two fosters I would have taken him on to teach him some manners before he went to his new home some basic obedience and good exercise should see this fellow come on in leaps and bounds...........................cmon Kanikula you would be perfect for him hehehehehe
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 04:57 PM
I also emailed Joan to let her know (in case she could help)

Yes Malamute's are a challenge..I have 2.. (7 months and an 18 month old rescue)

With the right home he will come good...

I am surprised the breeder hasn't taken him back..

On another note...

Samantha... don't do it.. really... I have been there and been you and been tempted at every rescue going..BUT I held out and waited on MY pup and it's the best thing I ever done..
Besides.. not good with kids.. (I know you won't rehome THEM .. I threatened a couple of times!!!)
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh yes to true you cant take the risk and thats why it was also for me a uuhhh no no as I have two little ones and though they are very good with my shepherds i would not want to take the risk of them getting hurt by such a big boy I have just got off the phone with Joan a super lady and she is convinced she can help so have to get hold of the owner now and put them in touch with each other so hope it works out for this little boy
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Brilliant..I hope he gets a fab forever home...

My 7 month old boy is a big boy too and I would hate to think of a pup his age being passed from pillar to post..
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 06:02 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out, hopefully breed rescue should be able to find a suitable owner