Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2006, 04:16 PM

Extremely irate wanadoo customer!!!

Typing this on my dads computer as since moving house 3 weeks ago have been unable to re-connect my broadband. Was due to be connected last Friday. Wanadoo or orange as they are now called told me there is a fault on the line and that BT are working on it. I have phoned them daily since last week for updates only to be told to phone back the following day as they were awaiting an update from BT. Having phoned yet again today to again be told to phone again tomorrow I have finally lost it with them. I contacted BT who have told me that there is no fault on my line and that the problem is with wanadoo. I'm really am at my wits end with it all. Basically the ADSL light is flashing and I've tried all the usual unplugging etc and re installing to no avail. Would be grateful to know if anyone else has had such problems. Seem to be getting absolutely nowhere with wanadoo
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I am with Wanadoo - or Orange as they are now called.

When you say the ASDL light is flashing do you mean a light on the speed touch modem? I can't remember now what the ASDL light is because I got the speed touch thingy but we had to get a router because we wanted my son and daughters computer connecting wirelessly as well so I don't use my speed touch modem. I do remember we had some problems connecting it all up (before we changed over to the router) and that a light kept flashing red when it should have been green but it wasnt anything to do with the line.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi Marean the green lights on the modem shouldn't flash.... At least mine arn't ...I had this problem a couple of weeks ago, I checked my connection details on the PC control panel ''Internet connections' and made sure all the connections to the BT phone line were ok including the ADSL filters ...then it came back on ...
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2006, 04:56 PM
if it flashes it means the bb is not enabled.
like mini has said it should be steady green light on.
so it is a wanadoo problem as they haven't activated your line for bb.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2006, 06:21 PM
We were with Wanadoo and spent more time off line than connected. Every excuse under the sun was offered but they refused to do anything to help get it sorted. My husband then decided enough was enough and changed to BT. Everything ok for a little while then it all started again. In the end they sent out an engineer to check everthing from the exchange to the socket in our house and you know what - we had the wrong type of filter. As we are so far from the exchange we have to have a long line filter which stops the internet going round every socket in the house.

We also got fed up with talking to someone in India who even suggested that our computer was too old and to get a new one. My eldest son had just bought the latest Mac so how much newer do you have to get

I do hope you get it sorted soon but unfortuntely we had no joy from Wanadoo
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-06-2006, 06:38 PM
simple thing ,check all your phoen lines in the house have a filter on them and the modem is plugged into the filter in the modem port.

then unplug everything bar your modem and modem filter.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I had this problem where I used to work -check the filters -and if you have Sky make sure that the sky plug is 'this' side of the filter -so the filter is nearest the socket not the other way round as we had it
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Aha thats interesting I only have 2 filters one on the computer socket and one on my telephone socket. Although I do have 3 other telephone points with nothing connected to them. Some people seem to think even if you dont have connections you still need the filters where as other people have said you don't. But then again I did get online for about half an hour when they first re-connected me before the green light started flashing again so I don't know if the filters could have been the problem
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 05:10 PM
well this is part of the reason I am no longer with Wanadon't...
Their customer service is disgusting and their inability to take the responsibility for problems is ridiculous
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-06-2006, 08:19 PM
wanadoo are now called orange btw the way, i remember when they were freeserve.lol

then they chnaged their name to wanadoo to try nd make people foirget they were freeserve as freeserv were appauling, and so is wanadoo and ornage will prolly just be as bad.lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >