View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2012, 05:51 PM
As your in Derbyshire I dont think your too far from Wiccaweys? This is the rescue I want to get my border collie from! Won't be for a few years yet though, need to wait for my two to grow up a bit first! Look forward to seeing some pics of your lovely dogs, I think BC's are very beautiful
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Toby2 View Post
I'm happy being the weird dog lady to be honest; as you say, I've been called worse things!

I suppose I was just worried that the doom and gloom my sister described would happen to me, but although she is a lovely person and good with animals, training and organisation have never been her strong point, as she is too soft for her own good!

Thank you all for your input - I'm even more excited now! We'll be going after Christmas as we're away for a few days before, but then there'll be 12 legs in the house for 2013!
Sorry Im not great at maths but wouldnt it be 16 legs you, husband, 3 x dogs
Caseykay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
We had two BC aged 10 and 8 when we added the third (puppy) and then 2 years later added a puppy of a different breed. I actually find having 4 easier than having 3as we can take them out in "pairs". Can take just the 2 youngsters and leave the seniors at home. I often take my two younger BC to agility competitions or my husband will take out his pup and one of the others, usually the oldest. If I'm particularly fortunate OH will take the rowdy youngsters out in the early afternoon for a big run and I only have to have a sedate seniors walk in the evening. I do take all 4 out together in the early morning before I go to work!

They are all girls, they all get along and they are all very people orientated dogs. I like watching the interactions between them all If we go away for the weekend, most often to doggy things like agility or working trials, we take all of them. They sleep in the van and we have never had an issue finding places to stay.

If your collies are like mine they will take as much exercise as you want to give them but they are pretty quiet around the house. I don't find having 3 or 4 in the house any worse than having 2 but we do get less non-dog-loving visitors!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3