Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2005, 12:43 PM

Scottish Islands DVD

A copy of this DVD arrived at Snorri Mansions in time for Christmas - it's a compilation of short films made by Scottish Television, aerial photography of all the main island groups around Scotland.

It covers Skye and the "Small Isles"
Orkney
Islay, Jura, Colonsay and Gigha
Shetland
Mull, Coll and Tiree
The Western Isles

This is a great visual tour for those who are interested in seeing these places, but can't get there in person. For every copy of the DVD sold, 50p goes to the RNLI, to support the work of the Lifeboats (who recieve NO government funding, a situation that I find a bit wierd ).

I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't see my house in the Orkney bit, nor the two daft Border Boys bouncing about in the garden, but it gives a reasonable idea of what the Twilight Zone is like! Plus, of course, great footage of Skye and Islay (particularly the "Long Strand" - possibly the best dog-beach I've ever seen, or been on: 7 miles of sand, with nothing between it and America!).

If this interests you, here's a link:

http://www.windowonscotland.com/dvdi...0of%20Scotland

It's well worth the small cost, even if all you can do is fantasize!

Snorri
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 06:43 PM
sounds very interesting i watched a programme on bbc2 a few months back about the okney island and it was very interesting and looks so lovely