register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 77 of 84 « First < 27 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 > Last »
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
!

Some dogs eyes ARE red ... Hal's were red at night, or in the dark.

As for your last paragraph, you bet he was !! Wouldn't you Mish? Come on, be fair, of course he was scared. That Shadow was a big dog

i was refering to the Jonbee Clip -uknow the one with red eyes!!!

- and Cesar had made a bad mistake, and he knew it. Have you never ever made a mistake with a dog? I am sure you have never kicked a dog, but have you never lost your temper with a dog, or realised that a particular course of action you took was completely the wrong one?

Because of how i train any mistakes will not worry the dog, do not scare the dog or injure it!!!!

My Training is based on NOT letting the dog make a mistake
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post

To address a question Mish asked of me;

I feel I need to use patience (not always so easy) with my Fluffles. She has a leather fetish and believe me, that girl has ruined hundreds of pounds of shoes, wallets...... the list is endless. I do have to take a deep breath when I see the latest "leather kill" she has produced (has been a pair of my Son's expensive trainers). I could have glady screamed at her when I've seen some of the devastation but I don't. I calmly show her the thing she's destroyed, tell her it's "bad" in my most serious but calm tone (which I know she understands because she looks at the floor sorrowfully - she's a lovely girl really but can't resist leather on occasion ). She can go months without feeding her leather fetish and then suddenly she loses the plot and we are back to a destroyed item.

1:
Why dont you CM her then?
Why dont you use CM methods to stop her?

Alot of Pro CMers dont actually CM their own dogs!!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Why dont you CM her then?
Why dont you use CM methods to stop her?Alot of Pro CMers dont actually CM their own dogs!!!!
I'd love to, only I don't believe CM has covered this in his programmes. Please correct me if anybody knows differently.

Trouble is, Fluffs doesn't do this when anyone is around (or of course we'd stop her) so it's difficult to do anything when it's x amount of time before you find the damaged item.

After I tell her "bad" and show her the item, she seems to remember that for so long (anything from weeks to months) and then, out of the blue, just when you think she's done with the leather thing, she'll destroy something else. Strange little doggy If she was just a destructive dog that was wrecking the house daily, I suppose I'd have got myself into gear and got it sorted but it's something that happens occasionally, so I don't really give it the effort. She's 18 months, so I'm hoping she'll grow out of it but we'll have to see. She's just about perfect in every other way, so I accept the "leather thing" as being her one imperfection. She's also a complete cutesy and I can't resist those "sorry mum" eyes when she's eaten a leather wallet

It would be interesting to know what CM would do with Fluffles but I don't suppose I'll ever know
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd love to, only I don't believe CM has covered this in his programmes. Please correct me if anybody knows differently.

Trouble is, Fluffs doesn't do this when anyone is around (or of course we'd stop her) so it's difficult to do anything when it's x amount of time before you find the damaged item.

After I tell her "bad" and show her the item, she seems to remember that for so long (anything from weeks to months) and then, out of the blue, just when you think she's done with the leather thing, she'll destroy something else. Strange little doggy If she was just a destructive dog that was wrecking the house daily, I suppose I'd have got myself into gear and got it sorted but it's something that happens occasionally, so I don't really give it the effort. She's 18 months, so I'm hoping she'll grow out of it but we'll have to see. She's just about perfect in every other way, so I accept the "leather thing" as being her one imperfection. She's also a complete cutesy and I can't resist those "sorry mum" eyes when she's eaten a leather wallet

It would be interesting to know what CM would do with Fluffles but I don't suppose I'll ever know
Think Marley & mes Family with their new lab & the chicken/ duck thing? Something like that id imagine!

NB im glad you havent done anything CM to her!!! its your fault for leaving the things around for her to get!!!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Think Marley & mes Family with their new lab & the chicken/ duck thing? Something like that id imagine!

NB im glad you havent done anything CM to her!!! its your fault for leaving the things around for her to get!!!!!:002:
Oh, I'm with you on that one. She's never actually eaten anything of mine but with two teenage girls, an 8 year old son and a Husband (you know what men are like ) leaving stuff all over the house, it's hard for her to resist. I always say though, when they complain and look for sympathy over their Juicy Purse being destroyed or their Lacoste trainers having a "peep" toe designed by Fluffles teeth; "she doesn't eat my stuff, so it's your fault............." goes down a treat My thirteen year old calls Fluffles "the woolly mammoth" when she's angry with her for "eating" something of hers. I have to laugh. Fluffles looks at her like she's being paid a compliment - all pleased with herself

Seriously though, Fluffles has the best teeth I've ever seen on a Chi. They are gorgeous and sparkling white. Think that leather did her teeth some good
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
NB im glad you havent done anything CM to her!!! its your fault for leaving the things around for her to get!!!!!
Exactly, if you don't want these things destroyed then don't leave them where she can find them.
Becky
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Fi View Post
It's that opposable thumbs thing again.
I occasionally wrestle with my dog and it has to be said he's mince at it. He doesn't get guard, is very bad at locks always turns his back.
Mostly he just looks bemused to be honest.

Dog's can't alpha roll each other. They don't have opposable thumbs. The behaviour always has to be offered voluntarily.

I dont want to imagine how CM would train for this - something about her being dom to leather Ohh dominatrix little miss
Personaly I would make sure there was no leather about for her when you wernt there and then teach her a leave it on leather things - Like drop a shoe and quickly give her a treat so she learns to look away from the leather and expect something nice away from the shoe

similar to how to teach them not to scarf your dinner if you leave your plate lying around
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNAOe...e=channel_page
This lady explains it well
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Exactly, if you don't want these things destroyed then don't leave them where she can find them.
Becky
Ditto what I said to Mish. When you have a family, it's not so easy to keep everything tucked away nicely in it's place. If only
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Ditto what I said to Mish. When you have a family, it's not so easy to keep everything tucked away nicely in it's place. If only
Then don't complain about the dog, it is your families fault for not putting things away. Dogs chew, full stop, end of story.
Becky
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 01:06 PM
(and I picked that clip cos it is a Chi she is training)
Closed Thread
Page 77 of 84 « First < 27 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 > Last »