Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 11:09 AM

Lovely

Our birds have returned!

We had a stray cat keep coming into the garden a few months back and the birds disappeared but over the last week have returned.

We have been going out to the bird bath & making sure fresh water is available with the hard frosts it was always frozen,so we made sure we melted it.
We have fat balls out & the bird feeder always has food in it.Well today has seen the return of our Bluetits,& Great-tits,as well as our cheeky Robin & the Blackbirds.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 11:12 AM
How wonderful, I'd be lost without my wildbirds, I love watching them I had to put my bird station in the open because of the cats, but thanks to that and Jack I only ever see a cat once in a while, usually making a hasty exit when they hear me start to open the back door
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Yes I love watching them too,
About 5 mins ago we had a chaffinch too,beautiful bird
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 11:54 AM
We get lots of birds here too, down to the bird seed we put out ,but weve a semi wild garden down the bottom,and the wee gold tits come and there beautiful like a tropical bird.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Gold tits, they sound lovely, but I've never heard of them, tried googling their pics, wrong thing to do what do they look like
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Gold tits, they sound lovely, but I've never heard of them, tried googling their pics, wrong thing to do what do they look like

That made me laugh,can just magine what that brought up!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 01:22 PM
haha!!!

we had this blackbird that came into our old garden evry day - was very friendyly

it had babies once - they grew up and kept closeby but one got injured - sam (the dog) noticed n brought it to me, she was so gentle with it - looked like a cat had got it - poor thing - didnt make it - but little sam tried her best - bless her!

personally i dont like birds but id never see any harm come to them -