View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2004, 08:46 AM
My girl will 'talk' on command - a sort of woooo sound. This was achieved just by me marking the behaviour when she did it of her own free will. One of my dogs would howl when she heard a harmonica being played. I think it must have been the tone/pitch that set her off. Don't know why anyone would want to teach a dog to howl !!
Carole
Supervisor

10-11-2004, 08:52 AM
SB that sounds like Star the woooo sound. Its really funny cause she changes the pitch of it.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

10-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Carole, does her mouth sort of 'collapse' when she does it? I think it is a Boxer speciality. My girl 'wooos' and looks like a gummy old lady She will start off at a low pitch and, when I ask her to 'talk' the pitch & volume will go up. She knows that she gets a treat for her early morning talks. (She is the only one who will talk to me at 6.00 a.m.).
Carole
Supervisor

10-11-2004, 09:21 AM
yes, her mouth takes on all sorts of shapes and the more you talk to her the funnier it gets.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Luca will make a wooowoo noise when prompted (when she feels like it that is)

She also 'sings' to certain songs too
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Kip sings quite often. We started by using the talk command with a little help from Kyle, if he starts to how like a dog she copied him and eventually we turned that into her "singing".

I play the piano and if I am sitting down playing Kip will come to my feet and starts to sing, I suppose its more like a howl but its very funny my neighbours think I am nuts. If I start to sing a song say when I am doing the housework quite often Kip joins intoo, she will do so if the television is on and there is a really loud song usually only when a woman sings but if its opera she realy gets going, no word of a lie. The real Icing on the cake is if Cassy joins in but she wont do it on command nor does she do it very often but when she does its so funny because she has such a low slow bellow it cracks us up.

Now I tell Kip to talk and she does a kind of "bow wow" sound, I tell her to "Sing" and she will happily "sing" for anything up to five minutes then my ears hurt and I have to get her to stop lol.

I have posted this before but heres Kip doing a rendition of "Feed me now" lol

Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Carole, does her mouth sort of 'collapse' when she does it? I think it is a Boxer speciality. My girl 'wooos' and looks like a gummy old lady She will start off at a low pitch and, when I ask her to 'talk' the pitch & volume will go up. She knows that she gets a treat for her early morning talks. (She is the only one who will talk to me at 6.00 a.m.).
Sorry to disappoint but Cassy does this too, her lips go in and its a real "woo" sound she rarely does it but when she doe its hillarious.
Carole
Supervisor

10-11-2004, 11:33 AM
it seems like all the bull breeds do the same things.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Oo no scrump woo woos aswell! if hes being ignored!
Carole
Supervisor

10-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >