Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Ours is being made into a Tesco
Oh wonderful, as if they haven't gobbled up enough of the high streets In a few years, you won't be able to tell one town from another, all retail parks and Tesco,Asda, Sainsburys. Makes me sick it takes all the character out of lovely towns
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I used spend my pocket money in Woolworths buying plastic farm animals , they are probably antique now . I still have them
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I used spend my pocket money in Woolworths buying plastic farm animals , they are probably antique now . I still have them
Nah you aren't that old
Try ebay!
Elaine, I now live in Tesco land, they are everywhere.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Oh my God didn't know this! thats really bad news for allot of people if they close.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 04:23 PM
LOL Sez and Elaine, my mum and dad left me in the middle of the supermarket once! They suddenly realised at the check out that neither of them had me and had to run around the store trying to work out where they'd left me!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I used to love "woolies", but I have to say that there's better stores out there now......

Sorry to see it go, though
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I used to love "woolies", but I have to say that there's better stores out there now......

Sorry to see it go, though
Same here, the price of some of the things they sell is really bad. In the past I went there to pick up a xbox game, they wanted £49.99 for it, yet a shop not 100yrds away had the same for £37.99.

I also had a row with a security gaurd in woolies once.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 06:12 PM
thats a shame, we have a local one which is perfect for ladybird clothes for luca - they always have good pants and socks !!

I also have a bad mother - she didnt leave me in a pram but my older brother, left him outside the co=op - walked PAST the pram on the way out - got home and realised she had forgotten him !!! isnt it scary that you could in those days without panicking too much

dani
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 06:50 PM
when i was about 3 wollies was my favorite shop to get lost in, i was a wanderer LOL they used to give me sweeties to stop me from crying did it a few times.
and when i was about 9/9 our wollies had the sweetie counter right by the back doors. oh yea grab n run LOL
but it will be a shame for the shop to close down. i used to buy my kids underwear from there.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 07:53 PM
It doesn't surprise me sadly, it's kind of lost it's identity in the market now. I do feel sorry for all the workers.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >