Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 06:30 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Tuesday)

Can I do this? Am I allowed to? I have never posted one of these before. Anyway, good morning all Dogsey friends. It is 1:30 here in America.

My den full of critters is happily snoring away and I am actually not even remotely tired so will be here wasting my time on various sites for a bit.

Have had such nice weather lately, nothing but blue skies and mild temps... yesterday poor Bunnies (Jade) hip was acting up so none of us went anywhere. We just took a strut about the yard and let Nigredo jet about for a quick second.

She's feeling better now, so think we'll take a nice walk down to the creek again today, stretch her legs for a bit then come back up, no concrete walks for her today... if my camera doesn't act faulty again... might get some piccies, as well.

Morning to everyone and hope everyone had a great day
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Morning Myra and everyone

I expect you're all tucked up in bed by now Myra, so sweet dreams to you whilst we start another day here. For me, it'll be a long, early walk with Zena, and then a trip to the supermarket to stock up, all very exciting.

Rain overnight, but not much, and the wind's got up a bit, but I'm hoping for another sunny day darn sarf, it was 14 degrees here yesterday, be nice to have all the doors open again, gives the place a nice airing, and puts a smile on my face

Hope everyone is ok this morning along with the doglets. Zena slept on that kitchen floor the entire night last night, I really don't like her sleeping in there, especially when I bought her this lovely new bed, at great expense to me, but she only uses it in the daytime. I might move it somewhere else, maybe the kitchen under the breakfast bar, and that way, I regain one of my double wardrobes in the bedroom, cos I've forgotten what's actually in there with her big bed stopping me from getting to it. I might do a *June* and have a big clothes clear out, cos with this change of lifestyle I've found here, I don't really need glam clothes anymore. Don't think I could ever part with my blingy shoes though, some of which I've never even worn, but I like to just look at them sometimes, I have a shoe fettish lol! I bought yet another pair last week in River Island in their sale, reduced from £65 to £30, I just couldn't resist them, but I doubt I'll even wear them

Enjoy your day everyone, and I'll pop in later to see what everyone's been up to.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Hi there, Helena. I'm actually (NOT) sleeping still! I find it awesome that your GSD is named Zena. A lady I knew had a gorgeous GSD named the same thing, but spelled Xena (might have had an "H" on the end, too).

Bred beautiful GSD's for longer than I am ages old! She also had her daughter, named Cocoa. Both doggies are at the bridge now and she can't bring herself to get another doggy.

Hope Zena's ear is doing better, I haven't been able to follow closely. I have a kitty with a faulty ear that is headed to the vets on Friday, so the ear thing seems to be going around.

I am so tomboyish I could never buy shoes I never thought I'd wear It'd be awesome if you'd post a piccie of the shoes... I'd love to see your tastes for I am sure they are far better than mine!

Have a great day *waves* I'd better hop in bed now... before I am up all night long.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Morning Myra, H and all who follow.

My goodness yesterday was a beautiful day, what a shame I was stuck in work. I got outside a couple of times and it was lovely to feel the warm sun on my bare arms. 15degrees in Feb. can't be bad. Lots of people were sitting on the outside tables we have at the cafe enjoying it.
This morning the wind is whipping off that field behind me and we have had a little rain.

My poor mum has to take that dreaded picolax today to empty her out ready for her procedure tomorrow, when hopefully we will find out exactly how advanced or bad the cancer is. I am just annoyed they have kept her hanging on several months when I feel this should all have been done and she should be getting treatment. But this is the awful Colchester hospital that you may all have heard about on the news for falsifying their cancer patients waiting times. Seems the bad publicity still hasn't improved things.

Hope your sleeping well now Myra.

H I am like Myra and don't do fancy shoes, my couple of pairs are just comfortable flatties. Good luck with the clothes clearout.

Hope everyone else is ok.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Morning Myra, Morning Helena and everyone

Myra *waves* Night night. Glad little Bunny is feeling better.

Helena, always the way isn't it, we buy these expensive beds for our dogs and they go sleep on the floor (or the couch in our case).

I'm off to work today and hoping to get more bits done tonight, including taking Davie to the opticians. His new glasses are ready so off to sort them out. Also walking Dougal, I didn't get to that last night, so poor Dougal was walkless...not that he was complaining. He just goes to sleep

See you later folks.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Morning Myra, Helena and fellow members,

I didn't go to sleep until after two this morning and was up at 6.30 with my two boys. I didn't hear any rain last night (I was asleep ) but we've certainly had some as every where is very wet. The dogs have been out, had breakfast and are fast asleep again .... OK for some

The only thing planned for today are two new tyres for my car at 12.30 as it is being serviced and MOT'd on Friday when I'll be car-less for the day. Walking the dogs and doing a food shop are also a must but no timings for those

Myra you must be shattered having had no sleep Hopefully you'll get a chance to catch up on some soon .... but youth is on your side
Helena You and your shoes ...... I'm a handbag person and have far too many to ever use. I tend to use the same one day in day out which has everything in but the kitchen sink Enjoy your walk and I hope you have the cliffs to yourself.

See you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Bev and Lore you both snuck in Your poor Mum Bev and I hope the procedure goes well and there is a more positive outcome. Lore I bet Davie will be excited about getting his new glasses. Enjoy your day.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Morning all. Work and then dinner with friends for me! But first I'm ff to the horses
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Oh no! Shoes and handbags. Truly can't join in on this thread yet! Will have another dip in later as after early walkies I am of to do battle withe first the local council and the United Utilities (Hostilities would be better) dont ask as its all so boring even a daft old sod like me can't get even a drop of humour or joy out of any of it. The older I get the less tolerant I become of "jobsworths" and petty local beaurocrats. I truly do get on better withe critters than I do with people. Bye fer now!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Morning Myra and everyone who has followed.
It rained here late in the afternoon yesterday and during the night but no rain at the moment. I do think its meant to be showery though.
Dillon woke me at just gone 6.30 doing his little huffing bark so I called him he came and put his big furry head on my face then went and laid back on his bed. Then 10 minutes later came and had a cuddle.
For me today walk Dillon of he wants to go he didn't yesterday he just wanted games all day.

Myra I hope Jade's hip is less sore today.
Bev good luck to your mum.
Helena I hope Zena's ear is better today.
Lorraine good luck at the opticians.
Jenny I hope it isn't too wet where you are today.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »