register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Moyra ask them to email the letter to you, because its the flaming 22nd today, and I could have walked there and back for you by now from up here!!!
Been talking to Ros a couple of doors up, Jeff's dad (Dougie) died on Sunday hence the dog coming to his house again. Ros can hear the dog as well by the way, and there are 2 houses between hers and Jeffs glad I didn't go in all guns blazing last night and good job no one was in. Dougie was a lovely lovely man, real gentleman, have posted a sympathy card through and just seen Jeff, funeral's on Thursday, so hope I can go to say ta ra to him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Evening not long back from Essex.
lovely lunch with my friend and she was very impressed with Joel who didn't sit like a mopey teenager but joined in asked questions about her horses and was generally the very nice easy going lad that he is.
We are going to try to get a day before Gorden goes back minus the grandchild so we can have our usual uncensored chat.
All Marks stuff back here from Tracey's and all went well with Joel collecting his stuff in the end Mark and waited outside too. She was home from the hospital baby still there as just weighs over 2lb.
I also brought another member back Owen he is here till I return to Essex on Friday to see gill. Mark is happy as he hasn't seen him in a while and Tracey is ok with Lauren being here Sunday.
Moyra I am so sorry the council are being the way there Mark says his problem is he has no parental rights Joel was born in the March of 2002 and they changed the rules in December which gave fathers more rights than he has. So the council will not house him or Joel because as far they are concerned he is adequately housed.
There really is no hope Moyra. But keep plugging away re: your medical grounds maybe ring and speak to someone at age UK see if they have any advice.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Its nice for Joel that Owen is there as well, bit of company his own age for him, as long as they don't do anything daft and set his leg back weeks
I was thinking Age UK, but wasn't sure if perhaps Moyra's idea of Shelter was a better option, they have some sort of housing thing don't they, or links with several maybe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Both even.
It is nice Owen came back with us. We are taking Joel to Tracey's on the 7th August Tracey has invited him to their short break in Cornwall then we will pick him up from her when they arrive back.
I am totally cream crackered up at 6 walked Dillon out by 9 then all the toing and froing. Then the long drive back eventually at 5.30 then follow Gorden to drop his car off for mot tomorrow Lidl for some beans and bread and wine Owen had lunch but not much else today. Sort out the bed for him and run him a bath.
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Hello all. The heat is oppressive today. Its about 90 degrees at about 5 pm EST in Maine which is unheard of. Thankfully I've been sitting in the air conditioner all day so I haven't really had the brunt of it. I hope everyone has a great day!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Evening all
Hope everyone is o.k.....Lynn, you have been busy today
TW, sorry to hear of your neighbours dads passing
Moyra...I hope someone can help you find somewhere to live
Got my haircut and then went to the hospital....mums friend had her gall bladder removed, she didn't get back from theatre until nearly 7pm....she is not in a good way, she went off at about lunch and she still hasn't come round properly
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2016, 09:09 PM
Oh No Griff, my thoughts are with her, hope she pulls through it OK.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, sorry about the little dog who had to go back, I do hope they find him a good home soon. Glad you now have Lara and we all look forward to seeing some piccies of her. Hope Casey loves her.
Moyra thanks to you and all others who are asking about him and Lara.

He is already in his (hopefully) forever home, his new owner is experienced and has a female Newfie, they are in rural Yorkshire and we met at the Newfie Welfare centre yesterday.

Lara is a dream dog, I tried to do some piccies but camera again said 'low battery' so will get some tomorrow and try again. Casey is good with her because (a) she's a girl and (b) she isn't constantly 'in his face' so he can get some peace She was speyed on Monday and is still recovering, I'll write more when I do the photos tomorrow.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
All Marks stuff back here from Tracey's and all went well with Joel collecting his stuff in the end Mark waited outside too. She was home from the hospital baby still there as just weighs over 2lb.
I also brought another member back Owen he is here till I return to Essex on Friday to see gill. Mark is happy as he hasn't seen him in a while and Tracey is ok with Lauren being here Sunday.
You've done all that in a day it would take me a week Hope you can take it easy for a few days and Gordon can help out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Spaying doesn't seem the major thing it used to be does it Harvey. Cariad had to be spayed for health reasons, she was up and about, sat at the door wanting to go out by 9pm and she got up to all sorts for the week she was in the house till her stitches were out, I was so relieved when that day came!!!
Thank goodness the little lad has a nice experienced home, and Lara has you now, happy endings all round
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >