Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Afternoon all,
Am home and shattered. Got the Grand Prix on then will have a nap!
Weather was bad driving to Lindon but by time we got to Hyde Park weather was fantastic. Take a That was amazing as was Olly Murs & Ella Eyre too. We had a great time. There were 65000 people there yesterday
Tony said Rosie is lots better thank goodness, she was very excited when we came home.
Will have a catch up, and hope Moyra is ok after yesterday
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Afternoon all.

Moyra not sure you should be out walking on your own would not Steve come with you or you go with him? I have a problem with my lower back at the moment from last Wednesday reached down to pick something up at work ended up in A&E Sciatica (umbrella term I think for back pain) trying to keep walking but not confident in walking or driving due to spasms so sister/brother/nieces and nieces boyfriend coming round to walk Cass for me or take me hobbling along behind them, if they are taking her to the field for a run off lead. So you are made of sterner stuff than me and I thought I was tough/high pain threshold.

In fact the dog mobile will be in action at 6pm weather permitting frustrating but can't get better unless I think longer term.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 03:31 PM
SueL hope your car enjoyed its camping trip.....

Brenda1 - a blogger good on you my cousin does a blog on his peaks challenge etc.

Lynn hope you get an offer on the car soon, would you not consider PXing it? no idea on value or thought behind that just a suggestion.

Tawneywolf I empathise completely with Zen.....backs being bad not good.

Griff glad you enjoyed your evening out/away sure the dogs were fine.

Mandyuk1 - sound fantastic what a nice weekend. Enjoy your Nap

Just watching secret lives of pups on Channel5...........Awwww
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Do take care Moyra and rest as much as possible.

Sorry you have injured your back Kazz but nice you have people to help walk Cass.

Looking o n the net June yu can make new candles from old so have a go just go careful and don't burn yourself.

Pleased you had a good time Mandy and that Rosie is now better.

Do hope Gordon is recovering

Have managed to get out for another walk between the drizzle. Son home tonight but I have a feeling I will have to drive him home as there is trouble with the trains - nothing new there then
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 03:41 PM
I do have my walker for support and I do not go far before I sit and let Amber play around or sniff around. I throw ball for her but she soon tires of it. Must admit I feel quite weak.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
We had a great time. There were 65000 people there yesterday
Mandy, I'm very glad that you enjoyed the day I don't go anywhere now if there's likely to be more than six people let alone 65,000

Moyra, do please take it easy for a few days, it's important no matter what type of operation it is.

I'm just having a cuppa after gardening, workshop, walkies, and yet more letters and photos to the everlasting supply of muppets wanting to buy my campervan but who haven't got a clue what they want and can't read the layout drawings I send them

Like Griffs Dad I will never try to sell a vehicle privately again I'm seriously thinking of donating it to the Newfie Club Welfare lady

If I don't fall asleep after dinner I will be back, if I'm not just give me a nudge
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Son home tonight but I have a feeling I will have to drive him home as there is trouble with the trains - nothing new there then
Hi Sue, yes I honestly believe that train service is worse now than it was 30 years ago, it definately is on Sundays, our local radio is always mentioning 'bus repalcement' services on a Sunday.

You haven't mentioned other son in Brazil recently. Is he going to 'escape' while the Olympics are on I've been reading that things are pretty chaotic and they are way behind schedule on some facilities.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Hi Harvey

Son in Brazil is fortunately not near the olympics so other than watching on tv he should be ok. He is about a 6 hour car journey away so from London to Scotland? The whole of Brazil is in chaos and the Real is under pressure. He wanted to transfer some money he owed me but none of the banks said they could do it so he found a money transfer site and they did it within a few hours
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Rained on and off all day, then brilliant sunshine, then rain.
Took painkillers and had a couple of hours siesta. THE SAME FOOTBALL MATCH ON BOTH CHANNELS tonight
Kazz, sciatica is the nerve running all the way round the leg and down into the foot, when it gets trapped,oh boy oh boy, nothing seems to shift it. I found hot baths helped, but have been told that ice packs shrink the nerve and it goes back to where it should be, never tried it because I think hot baths. No painkillers in the world help either. When I first broke my back I had physio sessions, because I had permanent sciatica, and one wonderful day as I went out to the car I realised I could walk again without pain, then I had recurrences of it, takes about 2 weeks to go, but no longer there forever, just sometimes. Maybe try a physio if its possible
Girls been tidied up and fresh bedding down, they had lamb necks for tea and Zen had a raw carrot for after her white fish, veg and baked potato, poor little girl, she cannot understand why she is being treated so badly
Will look up the candle stuff, because I think its possible, must have read it somewhere, sometime if I know that.
Harvey, can't understand why people behave the way they do when buying cars. Either they want it or they don't, surely they must know if it fits the bill on first enquiry. I buy old cars, pref LPG with a low mileage, big enough to fit girls, bales of shavings etc. and run them till they run no more, then get another.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Evening all
Kazz, back pain is horrible, hope it goes away soon
Harvey, I swear selling cars is enough to kill me, hate dealing with idiots
Lynn, fingers crossed the car shifts soon
Mandy, very glad you had a nice time
Sue...if you have to drive your lad back...safe trip
Moyra, go steady please
TW, awwww I am sure Zen doesn't think she is being treated badly
Got home about 11 this morning.....had a nice night and a nice day too, he wanted to pay for my new trainers bless him...absolute nut lol, was very strange cuddling up to someone after all these years but was really nice too
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >