Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2016, 10:24 AM

Trailer renovation part 3 the final

Final check done today and I found the tyres were only 15lbs and should be 32lbs pressure. One front sidelight didn't work , the bulb had not made proper contact,so cleaned that up now ok. All other lights ok. Refixed the front light bracket.

A small wood bar at the back the retaining catches had rusted up so wire brush and 3 in 1 oil sorted that out. Last the Jockey wheel at the front, the handle bar was hard to turn so plenty of oil and winding it did the trick. it was jamed into its lowest position.

So now good to go up for sale
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Good for you.........have you enjoyed doing it?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Kazz

I have always enjoyed this kind of thing from a teenager repairing cars- rebuilding car engines etc. So this trailer was only physicaly hard in turning it on its side, this required Sues help it is heavier than it looks. Its unladen weight is 179 kg.

If something has been made it can be unmade depending on what tools I own, and I do have a little logical knowledge on the best way to do it.

Neighbours around here get tradesmen to do the simplest of jobs as most are office workers, even down to repointing a brick cement course.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2016, 11:37 AM
going onto Ebay tomorrow, no point in hanging about to sell it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Well done Barry!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
going onto Ebay tomorrow, no point in hanging about to sell it
Well done TW and how I agree with you, there's so many jobs one can still do but many people don't even try.

I certainly hope you have more luck selling it than either Lynn or myself have had.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Kazz

I have always enjoyed this kind of thing from a teenager repairing cars- rebuilding car engines etc. So this trailer was only physicaly hard in turning it on its side, this required Sues help it is heavier than it looks. Its unladen weight is 179 kg.

If something has been made it can be unmade depending on what tools I own, and I do have a little logical knowledge on the best way to do it.

Neighbours around here get tradesmen to do the simplest of jobs as most are office workers, even down to repointing a brick cement course.
That's odd you say that the other week on holiday I redid the repointing around the house well mostly the front. So many people stopped and said "wow fancy being able to do that....."
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Already got someone coming to view the trailer today and willing to pay more than my ebay starting price. So if he wants it he can have it even though it is about £200 under similar trailers.
I would rather have sold it than hang on in hope someone might buy it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Good luck I have someone coming to view the car tonight hopefully they won't let me down. Am hoping to get what I think is fair.
We might get a double whammy.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Came saw and bought by 1 pm. Only put it on ebay last night for it to go live today. 8am the guy posted he wanted to have a look see and sold for more than the start price. Others on there still on ebay not sold because they are asking too much
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >