View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 10:12 AM

To change the locks or not? (advise please)

hi
im usually a very private person

im just after advise please...its a very long story,but,i have broken up with my bf of 8 years.
i came home last night,settled down and fancied a cuppa,went to the fridge...milk was gone! literally taken out of the house,then i checked the coffee that i had hidden,that was almost empty,i had 5 cups out of a full jar now the thing that bugged me,is that it had been used and put back in its hiding place,i dont want to sound petty,but,its the sneakyness of it!! no other evidence that he had been there

now i want to change the locks,but he has threatend before he would kick the door in and he has a phsyco sister he is staying with that has threatened me if i call the police on him...
i left a note saying what i want to do and why.....im at work and i am scared what he may do...the dogs are at home....................any advice please?????
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 10:17 AM
personally I would change the locks and inform the police of your fears. Does he have a legal right of access to the house? if you are concerned for your and the dogs safety you should really inform the police and make sure he has no way of getting in.

Good luck hun xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Definitely change the locks - it`s a job you can usually do your self. And contact the police.
I know how frightening this is - not to feel safe in your own home. You must take action, and make sure people know about it. Otherwise he`s made you a victim. You deserve better.
Big hugs
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Agree with the others hun, unless he has a right to enter the house, then change the locks and inform the police of your fears and any threats issued against you. ((((HUGS)))
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 11:18 AM
oh Hun, how frightening for you.

I have no experience of this whatsoever, but gut feeling is that the others are right.

He isn't part of your life anymore and I can't help thinking that if you don't put your foot down now, it will escalate..he'll just think he has the right to come and go from your home as he pleases.

Until you do change the locks, keep a record of everything that happens which shows he has been in. As the others have said, contact the police.

If you ever need to get away for a few days, you are welcome to come up to us (though no idea at the moment what we'd do with your gang!)
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
i agree change the locks and inform the police!!
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2010, 11:40 AM
must be frightening i hope all works out best wishes
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I agree with the others, don't let him or his sister threaten you like this *Hugs*

Tell the police too x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 11:57 AM
i would agree too. if you change the locks and he does try to kick the door in, that is criminal damage. if he has a key and can get in, then i reckon the police won't be so sympathetic.

hugs to you layla, it's a horrible situation.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't know what else to add, just thinking of you xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >