Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2010, 02:22 PM

Just had to make a horrible phone call.

Feeling a bit sad about it all really.

Mums brother Fred, is very ill he has been ill for the last couple of weeks. He lives in Kent but his long time friend Marie had a phone call few weeks ago to say he was very ill again and she managed to get her neighbour to get her to Kent to bring him home to her.

He became to ill for her to nurse so he was taken into hospital.

She has updated me today and the Social Services have now decided he will not make the journey back to Kent, they are going to look into moving him into a nursing home near her.

Marie feels it would be kinder if he slips away before the upheaval as he is very weak and cannot even be bothered to drink now.

So I have been updating Mum and this news has made her very tearful she is going on about she thought he would outlive her. Fred is 89 in June Mum is 90 in May.

Looks like she will be the one remaining out of four children, their brothers passed away quite a few years ago.

So not a pleasant call to have to make but how can you not tell her ?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 02:25 PM
(((hugs))) Lynn, there's no easy way to tell your mum but I think you should, she's bound to find out and then you'll be in trouble for not telling her..it's a vicious circle.

Hopefully, she will have taken the news better than you think, it's a difficult position for you to be in and I don't envy you for one minute. xxx
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Hugs Lynn (((((HUGS))))) x x x x x x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the (((Hugs))) both.

I let Gill know she was very tearful as she rings late afternoon every day and she has just rung and said she is ok now and was having a laugh and a joke with her.

I felt bad as I left her bawling.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 05:37 PM
So sad Lynn but you did need to tell her. Hope she's ok now xx
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks for the (((Hugs))) both.

I let Gill know she was very tearful as she rings late afternoon every day and she has just rung and said she is ok now and was having a laugh and a joke with her.

I felt bad as I left her bawling.
Don't feel bad about leaving her crying, she probably just needed some time for a good cry and she was ready for a laugh when Gill phoned. Don't feel bad for that

I'm so sorry to hear about this, but I think you did the right thing telling her. Imagine if it was you in that situation, I think it would be really upsetting to know something was being kept from you, no matter how good the intentions are.

Hope you are both feeling a little bit better at this horrible time. Best wishes for you and your family xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
So sad Lynn but you did need to tell her. Hope she's ok now xx
Thanks Jackie. Gill rang her earlier and said she was a lot better. I expect its bringing home to her how short her life is going to be now also not a nice thing to be contemplating.

Hope Cassie Is ok now.

Originally Posted by Wheaten mad View Post
Don't feel bad about leaving her crying, she probably just needed some time for a good cry and she was ready for a laugh when Gill phoned. Don't feel bad for that

I'm so sorry to hear about this, but I think you did the right thing telling her. Imagine if it was you in that situation, I think it would be really upsetting to know something was being kept from you, no matter how good the intentions are.

Hope you are both feeling a little bit better at this horrible time. Best wishes for you and your family xxx
Thank you. It has to be done and it always falls to me to do it.

I am dreading when I am going to have to tell her he has passed on.

I feel it will be sooner rather than later now.

I will always tell her he is her brother and she has a right to know however upsetting for her.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh Lynn *hugs* - that's a horrid thing to have to do......

x0x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Thinking of you all, Lynn *Hugs*

You did the right thing, in telling your Mum.....

I'll keep you all in my thoughts x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 06:21 AM
(((Hugs))) to you Lynn not a nice thing to have to do, but I am glad your mum is feeling a bit happier now. The cry probably done her good.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >