Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-08-2005, 06:48 PM

How clever is your dog??

Just wondering... whats the cleverest things that your dogs do?

Sometimes I give Rocky a slice of brown bread in his kong all rolled up (so its hard to get out!) anyway, he grabs the kond in his gob and swings his head and releases it!! Chucking it in the air, he keeps doing this untill the bread begins to give way and then bit by bit, pieces of it fall out!

So c'mon whats the clever things ur dogs do?!

(thanks Carole for giving me the idea for this thread!)
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2005, 06:57 PM
My old Abe was pretty intelligent.He never liked the sound of my now replaced washing machine and would tap the twisty knob thing with his nose-switching it off! Took me ages to work out why it stopped halfway through a wash cycle,until i saw him doing it.

Vegas knows how to open my fridge/freezer,but think this is down to him being a bit of a hog where food is concerned...
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2005, 07:01 PM
The best thing Blue ever did (boxer) was just after Xmas a couple of years ago. Hubby had given me a gold watch. Unknown to me the saftey clip had broken and my watch fell off my wrist. Blue stuck like glue to the spot it had dropped off and wouldn't move. I had to go back for him and hey presto my watch at his feet that I didn't even know was missing. MY HERO
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Star knows a lot of her toys by name so if I ask for one she goes and gets it. She does the same for a towel (she likes being dried) her lead and also Finn, if he wont come back I tell Star to go and get him so she runs up to him and nudges him towards me and lastly she can unscrew the lids on plastic bottles
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Dinah knows her toys by name too - and will 'seek' or 'fetch' them.
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Hmmm Khera knows that if she beats me to bed she gets the best spot while me and OH perch on the edge.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Sounds like we live in the same house Vix
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-08-2005, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=eRaze]Just wondering... whats the cleverest things that your dogs do?

Sometimes I give Rocky a slice of brown bread in his kong all rolled up (so its hard to get out!) anyway, he grabs the kond in his gob and swings his head and releases it!! Chucking it in the air, he keeps doing this untill the bread begins to give way and then bit by bit, pieces of it fall out!

QUOTE]

Busta does that, he doesn't chew his kong he just throws it around
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 07:25 PM
As soon as the OH says 'right' Cassie knows it's time to go out and shouts the house down. Have to be very careful what words we use now. Also, if you ask her if she wants to be brushed, she sits below the cabinet where the brush is kept!
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Busta can tell when the fridge is open even if he's at the end of the garden and i don't make a sound

Daisey's is knowing when a chair is free she's in it before you've stood right up
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »