Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benneh
New Member!
Male 

18-04-2008, 07:50 PM

Dog Tags like NCDL used to have?

How do!

Im reading through another book about Border Terriers and theres a bit about a dog tag scheme that the NCDL used to do (now the Dogs Trust) whereby the tag meant that if the dog was found the trust would pay for any treatment the dog needed untill the owners were found so that anyone who found it injured wouldnt worry about taking it to the vets, for this you paid a yearly subscription of £10.

Ive looked all over the Dogs Trust site and cannot find anything, then I looked at when the book was published, and it was 11 years ago

Is there anything around like this today?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I think the Blue cross still run a similar scheme or the Pdsa do a scheme similar , But im sure some better informative members on here will be along to help soon xxdk
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 08:21 PM
When I jioned Pet Plan Insurance, they sent through a scheme of a Free Tagging system which logs a number and a phone number for the finder to ring (save them taking them to the vets to have scanned) the tag people can tell who owns them and have all vets details etc., so if they can not get hold of us the dogs can be taken to the vets. Don't know if they are still doing it, but I registared them even though they are all chipped, thought it was a good idea. The Free last 12 months then if us wish to continued it's a yearly payment (think £12.00) The tag is on thier collars