Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I really don't do well when people target my dogs.
And what the hell is wrong with that. Remember that people who know nothing about dogs are the ignorant ones, not you.

Trying to think of constructive things to say so here goes:-
Don't do anything today except regain your composure and let the anger fade away. (A bottle of that red stuff might help )

Tomorrow just ask the Police if threatning your dogs is a serious offence (They are after all your 'property' in the eyes of the law) They'll likely not want to get involved (All that paperwork ) but may offer some advice.

Then consider calling in to the CAB you may be unlucky and get a non dog owner but they (usually) know a little about the law - You don't need to take their advice.

On a longer term view, could you do anything with the fence & gate to ensure they can't get out even if you're temporaily diverted. Sorry, don't know how your house is and if there is a front garden etc.

Above all else - Don't worry - Her mother probably knows her well and the comment seems to indicate she's often shouting her mouth off. Some people are like that.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
How awful - I'm so sorry for you.

Could you perhaps write her a letter (keeping a copy) and explain again that it was an accident that your dog escaped from the house and that you are very sorry, but if she is serious about her threat to hurt your dog you will report it? You could always pretend to be lodging the letter with a solicitor?
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Do you have a police incident phone number? We have an 0845 number that we can call up here to report an incident and all that happens is the Officer takes your details, what happened and then logs it, it gives you an incident number to refer back to and it is kept on file by police. They don't come out and visit you or the person involved with the incident. This is just an idea for you because at least if anything were to happen to any of your dogs (god forbid) you have the incident logged and the police can refer back to it, it also stands as evidence.

I feel heartfelt sorry for you because even though it may be words it is enough to terrify and deeply upset a person. I know from experience. Here's hoping she is nothing but hot air but keep an eye as others have said.

Best wishes and big hugs to you and your doggies.x.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
OMG. Sorry that this has happened, what an evil woman & her poor kids. God knows what they will turn out like with a mother who swears like that in front of them.

Was anyone else around at the time to hear her threaten the dogs, just in case you do go to the police?
There was a schoolboy watching it all but I have no idea who he is or what school he was from or anything, I was too busy at the time obviously to take much notice but I just remember him because he said 'nice one'.

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Sorry that happened kel. hugs.
I would be tempted not to call the police though, your dog was offlead and she felt threatened....thats all it takes Kel, for someone to 'feel threatened' by your dog and the DDA can be waved at you in a flash....then if she says she had a go at her daughter in the past....it could get ugly and drawn out. If it were me, I would be keeping a VERY close eye on my dogs and not letting them in the garden unattended and scanning the garden for anything that had been thrown in, at least for the next couple of days.
Big hugs. x
This is my worry Ailsa thanx, although Maddy has never went for any of her children, I guess it would be my word against hers, and if someone came out to assess Maddy I know she'd fail due to her fear of strangers no doubt.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
And what the hell is wrong with that. Remember that people who know nothing about dogs are the ignorant ones, not you.

Trying to think of constructive things to say so here goes:-
Don't do anything today except regain your composure and let the anger fade away. (A bottle of that red stuff might help )

Tomorrow just ask the Police if threatning your dogs is a serious offence (They are after all your 'property' in the eyes of the law) They'll likely not want to get involved (All that paperwork ) but may offer some advice.

Then consider calling in to the CAB you may be unlucky and get a non dog owner but they (usually) know a little about the law - You don't need to take their advice.

On a longer term view, could you do anything with the fence & gate to ensure they can't get out even if you're temporaily diverted. Sorry, don't know how your house is and if there is a front garden etc.

Above all else - Don't worry - Her mother probably knows her well and the comment seems to indicate she's often shouting her mouth off. Some people are like that.
Thank you so much for your post, I am actually now more stunned a mother of 2 in her late 30's early 40's would act that way. I really wouldn't have expected it at all I think that maybe be why i'm so upset I was shocked she felt the need to behave that way. I could have understood a sharp word or even 'f-off' e.t.c but not the extent to which she went and threatened to do.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
How awful - I'm so sorry for you.

Could you perhaps write her a letter (keeping a copy) and explain again that it was an accident that your dog excaped from the house and that you are very sorry, but if she is serious about her threat to hurt your dog you will report it? You could always pretend to be lodging the letter with a solicitor?
I was thinking of that ls but I have already apologised to her mum as it wa snothing to do with her, but I really don't feel like writing any letter of apology to a woman threatening to kill my dogs right now. If she hadn't have acted the way she did of course i'd have apologised to her there and then, infact it was halfway out of my mouth before she started, I didn't get a chance.

Originally Posted by Shanik View Post
Do you have a police incident phone number? We have an 0845 number that we can call up here to report an incident and all that happens is the Officer takes your details, what happened and then logs it, it gives you an incident number to refer back to and it is kept on file by police. They don't come out and visit you or the person involved with the incident. This is just an idea for you because at least if anything were to happen to any of your dogs (god forbid) you have the incident logged and the police can refer back to it, it also stands as evidence.

I feel heartfelt sorry for you because even though it may be words it is enough to terrify and deeply upset a person. I know from experience. Here's hoping she is nothing but hot air but keep an eye as others have said.

Best wishes and big hugs to you and your doggies.x.
We don't have anything like that here that I know of as when I trouble in my old house (the whole reason i had to move into my father's in teh first place) I was never informed of anything like that I had to report incidents of anti social behaviour every night and had to go through the main system at our local station.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Awww...Kel, what a nightmare. So sorry you've had to go through this and thank goodness Maddy is ok. You've had some good advice here. Write everything down for now, then sleep on it before you make any decision. Big hugs from us. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Kel, you poor thing.

I think it may be possible that this woman coming upon Maddy suddenly may have given her a fright. I don't know about you, but when I'm scared, I tend to yell a bit. It's possible this is why she ranted so.

IMO, I would just put it down to experience, albeit a cr*ppy one, and just get on with your normal stuff.

Give the gorgeous "gels" a big hug for me please, and that norty "boy" too - it really is the very best medicine

xoxox
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanx guys, Vicki I think you are right probably not worth it. I'll feel better tomorrow I guess. Just really shook me up I think I still would have felt bad enough just that the dogs got out and into the road without the abuse that was thrown at me.

Maybe i'm just upset she called me fat, hahaha.

Cheered up a bit now thanx again everyone. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Maybe i'm just upset she called me fat, hahaha.
Now the b*tch has gone too far....... where does she live

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-11-2007, 08:26 PM
That was bloody awful for you. I would give the police a call in any case and report it. I think she could get done for verbal abuse and threatening behaviour. If she got a warning about anything happening to your dogs, then she would be first suspect! What a bitch.

I do hope you have settled down a bit - people like her who use language like that, is lacking in vocabulary!

Big hugs to your lovelies and doggy kisses from Loki xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
That was bloody awful for you. I would give the police a call in any case and report it. I think she could get done for verbal abuse and threatening behaviour. If she got a warning about anything happening to your dogs, then she would be first suspect! What a bitch.

I do hope you have settled down a bit - people like her who use language like that, is lacking in vocabulary!

Big hugs to your lovelies and doggy kisses from Loki xx
Thanx bk, I think i'll decide in the morning then might give them a call just to put it on record bu tnot take any action, I don't want the backlash coming back on me and my family and dogs so i'll have a think in the morning with a clear head on what to do.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Now the b*tch has gone too far....... where does she live

:smt043 exactly, as if she didn't notice i've lost 3lb either, lol, dunno what i'd do without you lot, i'd be still sobbing no doubt. I have to toughen up seriously!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >