Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eilidhsmum
New Member!
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:16 PM

Dog Day Care

Hi There

Does Anyone Else Use Dog Day Care - Or As The Other Half Says Dog Play School?

My Two Little Darlings Go Once A Week To The Dog Day Care Centre. They Are Picked Up By Van In The Morning And Toddle Off With Gillian, Packed Lunches Under Their Arms.

They Are Let Loose In A Three Quarter Acre Field With 18 Other Dogs To Run Riot And Dig Numerous Holes. If It Rains There Is Shelter For Them.

When They Come Home They Are So Tired They Zonk Out Completely.

Well Worth The Money I Say
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:20 PM
wow!!! what a brilliant idea. never heard of anything like that in manchester, sounds like the dogs really have fun. Will have to look into it and see if there is one locally
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:30 PM
oh was just looking into doing this!
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 05:56 AM
A well run doggy day care is a godsend for those of us who work long hours. My dog goes once a week on my long day at work. It breaks up the monotony of her day to day routine, and she gets some quality socialization in.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 09:23 AM
We even have it in Ireland, although in the rural areas it's still seen as a bit odd as everyone (well most people) have their dogs loose outside 24/7 whether they are at home or not!
Mine went to one when I had a job, they loved it there, now there's an idea for some income..... once I can afford to fence my field off and build kennels...... it's all in the planning permission, just need money - catch22!
Do you mind telling us how much you pay? I paid €12 a day for three, then two dogs (it was 3 for the price of 2) although it went up July and August to €15 a day. Might have gone up since. That was without food but bedding and toys were provided, plus 40 acres to run around in.
eilidhsmum
New Member!
Female 

22-11-2007, 01:02 PM
hi deccy,

i pay 19 pounds a week, thirteen for the first dog and 6 for the 2nd
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 01:14 PM
awww wow that sounds like fun! sounds like the dogs have a blast.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 03:16 PM
I must say we dont have doggy daycare near my village, but when I am out all day, if I dont have the dog walker (as she is only there half n hour) They go in the kennels which is on the same road as me! I drop them off on my way to work, they have heated kennels, a run, are taken for 2 walks a day and like yours....are zonked when they get home... And all for £3 each!!
xxxxx
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Our doggie day care is attached to a vet clinic, they have a rubberised climate controlled room, with a flap that leads outside to a big fenced in area,they are supervised at all times by a vet tech, and the best part is they have webcams so you can log in and see them anytime you want,its way cool xxx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
Our doggie day care is attached to a vet clinic, they have a rubberised climate controlled room, with a flap that leads outside to a big fenced in area,they are supervised at all times by a vet tech, and the best part is they have webcams so you can log in and see them anytime you want,its way cool xxx

wow that really is fantastic!!!! I think i will have to do a search to see if there is one in a town near me!! I would love to be able to see them playing whilst at work....would put a smile on my face for sure... xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >