Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2007, 06:16 PM

I'm fuming.

Our local paper has suggested we ring a number (Police) to report anti socail behaviour re: fireworks and Halloween.
We have got a bunch of youngsters on the fields outside our houses letting off fireworks.
Took 10 mins to get through when I did they asked if they were endangering people I said well no but it is anti social
being outside our houses to which they replied it is not illegal for them to be doing this.What is the point of asking us to ring when there is a problem then they do nothing about it.
Gorden thinks it is illegal for them to be letting them off in a public space and how do they not know they are under age and a danger to themselves.
I put the phone down I was so cross.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Our local paper has suggested we ring a number (Police) to report anti socail behaviour re: fireworks and Halloween.
We have got a bunch of youngsters on the fields outside our houses letting off fireworks.
Took 10 mins to get through when I did they asked if they were endangering people I said well no but it is anti social
being outside our houses to which they replied it is not illegal for them to be doing this.What is the point of asking us to ring when there is a problem then they do nothing about it.
Gorden thinks it is illegal for them to be letting them off in a public space and how do they not know they are under age and a danger to themselves.
I put the phone down I was so cross.
Sorry you are having to go through all this.You need to get on the phone tomorrow and speak to the chief constable.If they say not avail leave your name and no and they'll def get back to you.Get stuck into them and let them have it,as it's a blatant waste of tax payers money,xxxxxxxxxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 06:22 PM
makes ya wonder why the kids get away with so much dosent; it ...the police don't seem to care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Sorry you are having to go through all this.You need to get on the phone tomorrow and speak to the chief constable.If they say not avail leave your name and no and they'll def get back to you.Get stuck into them and let them have it,as it's a blatant waste of tax payers money,xxxxxxxxxx
Exactly a waste of money and why ask us to ring and then do nothing about it.Makes me We are lucky here though its not very often we get a problem.Will give them a call tomorrow and ask exactly what they class as anti social

Originally Posted by Inca View Post
makes ya wonder why the kids get away with so much dosent; it ...the police don't seem to care
Just what I thought.Well I won't be to blame if they are under age and end up getting hurt.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Firework Legislation
According to that it is illegal! Maybe quote the relevant acts at them!
Becky
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Exactly, if they are under 18, or it is a public place then it is illegal and the police can act...

It is an offence under section 80 of the Explosives Act 1875 to throw or set off fireworks in any highway, street, thoroughfare or public place. The power to enforce this section of the Act rests with the police. Anyone found guilty is liable to pay a fine of up to £5,000. Penalty notices for disorder (on-the-spot fines) can also be issued for this offence, attracting the upper tier fine of £80.

In Regulations made under the Fireworks Act 2003, it is also an offence for the under 18s to possess fireworks in a public place and for anyone to let fireworks off during night hours (11pm to 7am). As from 11 October 2004, police also have the power to issue penalty notices for disorder for these offences. Again, the offence attracts the upper tier fine of £80.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Phone the Police and tell them theres someone firing a gun outside.Then when they turn up (they will) and catch them with the fireworks-tell them you must have been confused with the bangs.

Play them at their own game!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks all I am going to ring tomorrow and ask to speak to someone Senior about it.Will also ring the paper who have run the article stating to ring the number and tell them when I did they did nothing about it.
They weren't around long but thats not the point.
Like your idea Steve.
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Phone the Police and tell them theres someone firing a gun outside.Then when they turn up (they will) and catch them with the fireworks-tell them you must have been confused with the bangs.

Play them at their own game!
I wouldn’t count on it last year a gang of kids were sitting on their shed shooting an air riffle up and down the street it took the police FIVE hours to turn up because there was a football match on in the town centre and they didn’t have the man power