register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Topdog
Dogsey Junior

13-05-2005, 05:16 PM

No breed should have an Overshot or Undershot jaw.

It is not required... It is a product of the first breedings occuring with dogs that had teeth problems... If u breed any dog with another dog, and both have the same problem like with hips, teeth, personality, or functionablity... the problem is guarenteed to get worse.
The only way to correct this is to find a dog without that problem... and outcross it to inprove the line... Or change breeds to find a line of dog that original breeder and lineage bred only the best... they will have superior teeth.
This is why I choose a fine bred bandog over cane corso, america bulldog, or prero de pressa which all have been known to have teeth, hips and or personality problems...
Also I get my dogs from breeders with a superior breeding plan that will cull a dog or even a whole line if it doesnt reproduce greatness...

AN EXAMPLE OF SUPERIOR LOODLINE, BREEDING, TEETH, HIPS, AND CARRACTOR
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...16109QaM3DNs18
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-05-2005, 06:06 PM
So to be ignorant but what is a bandog??????
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Its a crossbreed, usually Mastiff/Bull breed types.
Dawn.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by TOPDOG
It is not required... It is a product of the first breedings occuring with dogs that had teeth problems...
If you were referring to my post then an undershot jaw is required by the Boxer Standard and has nothing to do with breeding from dogs with dentition problems. The undershot jaw is functional.
Topdog
Dogsey Junior

13-05-2005, 11:46 PM
I respectfully disagree... even if it is in writing... there is no intellegent reason for any breeder to want to continue reproducing breeding teeth like that... it is an excuse...
anyone that really cared about the breed would try to keep the positive caracteristics of boxer and lose the negative!!! And those teeth are not natural... good or correct no matter what any paper says...
If someone said Hip Displacea is standard... or bad charactor standard... or this breed cannnot have sex itself... or agressivity toward children is standard... or they have skin problemsor heart problems... but it is normal in this breed!!! Would you except this???
If u really love the breed and u feel it has a function that is unmatched by any other breed... then start breeding them in a superior way that benefit your offspring and futher generations in the future... If your breeding this is true... if u are rescueing a dog... that is another story.
By outcrossing with dog to bring good teeth will offer a higher quality of life because dogs can use there teeth properly...
Just think if you saw a human with those kind of teeth! That poor person...
BOXER TEETH PICTURE

http://www.euro-boxer.com/pages/prof...y/boxer_teeth/
Topdog
Dogsey Junior

13-05-2005, 11:52 PM
In general it was a cross in the beginning... to produce the most excellant family guard working dog... There are superior breeders of these dogs in california,
N. Y.,england, and greece... They are about 7 generations of selective breeding... best to best... Here are some examples of some

S U P E R N A T U R A L
LAKOTA MASTINO (Bandogs)

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeoNGbhm2asZK
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 11:54 PM
the first link dont work
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by TOPDOG
It is not required... It is a product of the first breedings occuring with dogs that had teeth problems... If u breed any dog with another dog, and both have the same problem like with hips, teeth, personality, or functionablity... the problem is guarenteed to get worse.
The only way to correct this is to find a dog without that problem... and outcross it to inprove the line... Or change breeds to find a line of dog that original breeder and lineage bred only the best... they will have superior teeth.
This is why I choose a fine bred bandog over cane corso, america bulldog, or prero de pressa which all have been known to have teeth, hips and or personality problems...
Also I get my dogs from breeders with a superior breeding plan that will cull a dog or even a whole line if it doesnt reproduce greatness...

AN EXAMPLE OF SUPERIOR LOODLINE, BREEDING, TEETH, HIPS, AND CARRACTOR
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...16109QaM3DNs18
But surely a well bred cane corso, american bulldog, or prero de pressa is just as good as a well bred bandog.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2005, 04:40 AM
We must agree to disagree Topdog

The form of the Boxer mouth/jaw accurately follows its original function. In engineering terms, 'the device meets the specifications necessary for it to perform the task that it is designed and built to meet'

SB

PS I cannot think of any "negative characteristics" of the Boxer

PPS Quote from TD "Just think if you saw a human with those kind of teeth! That poor person..." I think a person with the dentition of a canine of any breed would look a trifle odd
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer

PPS Quote from TD "Just think if you saw a human with those kind of teeth! That poor person..." I think a person with the dentition of a canine of any breed would look a trifle odd

:smt005

Thanks SB, just spat coffee all over the keyboard through laughing
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »