Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2008, 04:43 PM

Florrie the matron.

A friend of mine's parents own a stables a little way away, I was over there with just Florrie earlier today [I don't take Ralph that often as they have a pair of humungous saddleback boars which reside in an area just infront of the house like threatning bouncers who he is disasterously scared of! So he prefers NOT to go!] anyway, whilst we were there one of their moggy girlies had a litter of kittens about three weeks ago and I ofcourse had to go have a browse at the wee fluffybums, and as expected they were gorgeous!
Anyway, Florrie always wanders off when we are there as she loves to go ratting in the empty stables and the such so I usually let her go do her thing and I'll call for her when we need to go, well today she didn't come..so I started to panic a bit. After about an hour of searching she was found, climbed in lying with the kittens in their loose-box giving um a good wash, apparently she'd been there since she wandered off!
Honestly, you can't take her bloody anywhere without her stealing something's offspring! She once even got broody over a clutch of some ducklings at an aunt & uncles small holding.
I think I should use Florrie's maternal wants as an excuse to bring another wee moggy home to help keep the mice down
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I had a JRT just the same, very useful as I used to handrear orphan kittens,puppies,ducks,fox cubs, etc., once I handreared a baby blackbird, it would settle on her head and be carried around. Bless Florrie. Thats lovely
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Awww...bless her heart. She's such a darling
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I had a JRT just the same, very useful as I used to handrear orphan kittens,puppies,ducks,fox cubs, etc., once I handreared a baby blackbird, it would settle on her head and be carried around. Bless Florrie. Thats lovely
Thats where she gets it from, our old JRT girly who was pts in Summer 06 was exactly the same, anything that was in need of a mamma took to her, Florrie seems to be following in her paw prints.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Who are you trying to convince about bringing a kitten home, Luke? Us, or yourself?

Go get it mate!
xox
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 09:57 PM
What a lovely story, made me smile.
I think she deserves a kitten of her very own for being such a caring girl
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Have to agree, go get a kitten for her to mother What a sweet dog!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Ohhh couldn't possibly do that
The "kittens" are only just nine months that we kept! Don't think I could quite go through it all again
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 06:37 AM
What a sweetie!