View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaspode
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Not an expert, but seen enough Rotts in my time I'd agree that his nails are too long, but that aside his back feet look rounder than the front (might be the pictures?) I think you over extended his back legs in the first two pix which 'flattened' out his stifle but he looks better in the last pic. Could do with toning up - but that's an age thing.
He has a beautiful expression with a well balanced head and he looks to be a happy easy going boy. As he matures and tones up I think you'll do very well with him
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 02:08 PM
He's a lovely boy - I was advised to do road walking to muscle Marius up and have to say it is working a treat. Would definately be worth Kodi doing it (good for your bum too lol ) Marius has buns of steel now

I wouldn't worry about his ears, Marius has the same issue. One judge told me later when I chatted to them about his lugs that they'd be worried if they were small at this age as they'd be too small as an adult. Bet Kodi is the same

Rotts are such slow maturers aren't they? It is so hard to imagine the complete article! Kodi has a deeper chest than Marius and it looks nice (his is like Mr Muscle at the moment )

He is holding his head very high up, have you tried holding the bait lower down so he looks level at you? This would help I think

All this from an expert who got nowt at our weekend show lol
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Wont be any help to you...
But a gorgeous looking animal...........
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by horses01466 View Post
Wont be any help to you...
But a gorgeous looking animal...........
Thanks Sonya

Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
I'd agree that his nails are too long,
We are working on his nails, but they just seem to grow and grow and grow

I think you over extended his back legs in the first two pix which 'flattened' out his stifle but he looks better in the last pic.
Yeah I know lol, was standing him and trying to take pics by myself so they are not the best stands he can do

Could do with toning up - but that's an age thing.
He has a beautiful expression with a well balanced head and he looks to be a happy easy going boy. As he matures and tones up I think you'll do very well with him
Working on that also, have added an extra walk first thing aswell as doing road walking.

Thank you for your critique Sara very helpful

Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Rotts are such slow maturers aren't they? It is so hard to imagine the complete article! Kodi has a deeper chest than Marius and it looks nice (his is like Mr Muscle at the moment )

He is holding his head very high up, have you tried holding the bait lower down so he looks level at you? This would help I think

All this from an expert who got nowt at our weekend show lol

Thanks Anne-Marie, Dont be silly it is all helpful

As I said above was standing and taking the pics so his head isnt quite right there, But have been working on his head position and it is now alot better

To us yes lol, Everyone he meets can't believe he isnt even a year old yet,(soon though) but then he gets his I want to play head on and they realise he is still very much a puppy

Really I didnt think he has that deep a chest, Off to go look at Marius's pics to compare... and to plot how to steal your lovely boy
Gaspode
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Standing a dog and taking pix on your own is always tricky I think you did a good job.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I agree it is difficult - I always end up taking pics of Marius with camera in one hand and toy in the other, not easy lol!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Trick is being relaxed and taking your time AM all things good come to those who wait,
Problem when people take piccies,they forget to fill the frame with whatever they are trying to capture,then you end up with all the junk in the piccie you don't want and it takes the eye away from what you intended taking the piccie off, xxxxxxxxx
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4