View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 01:52 PM
With the height thing I think it should be lower than 25" that's huge, most dogs would be under 25 you need it more like 15 or even have a tiny one like under 12"
Becky
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
With the height thing I think it should be lower than 25" that's huge, most dogs would be under 25 you need it more like 15 or even have a tiny one like under 12"
Becky
Good point, I`ve added `Other height specific catagories` to the list
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 02:06 PM
How about 'Most Cheekiest Looking Dog' and 'Most Noisy Dog' (hmm, perhaps the latter isn't such a good idea!).
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Here are a few more from me

Pedigree Clases

Sight and Scent
Utility Gang
Dogs to Gun
Dogs with Jobs
Tiny Tots
Tearway Terriers

Novelty Classes
Best Cross breed Babies 6/12 months
Best Crossbreed over 12 month to 6 years
Best AV Variety Oldie Dogs of 7 years and over
Best dog owned and handled by a child aged 5/10 years
Best dog owned and handled by a Child 11 to 15 yrs
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
How about 'Most Cheekiest Looking Dog' and 'Most Noisy Dog' (hmm, perhaps the latter isn't such a good idea!).
That reminds me, my Lurcher once won a class for Dog With Most Character so that perhaps would be along the lines of Cheekiest looking ?
Most noisy dog - heh, my Silk would be perfect for that, she loves announcing her presence, only she sounds like a chimpanzee :smt044

Will add those to the list, thank you
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
That reminds me, my Lurcher once won a class for Dog With Most Character so that perhaps would be along the lines of Cheekiest looking ?
Most noisy dog - heh, my Silk would be perfect for that, she loves announcing her presence, only she sounds like a chimpanzee :smt044

Will add those to the list, thank you
I had originally thought of 'Barkiest Dog', however I then decided that I should change that to 'Noisiest Dog' as some dogs can make the strangest of noises (including my two!).

My crossbreed sounds like a seal! She doesn't actually know how to bark properly. Which is where I think the Basenji comes into it, judging by the sound of her (and her looks too) she seems like she has Basenji in her somewhere!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 02:26 PM
At the show I went to last weekend. They ran a jumping competition alongside the main ring.
Just a straight line with four agility jumps, fenced off each side. Then the owner just recalled the dog to them. Prize for the quickest time.
For safety jumps were put very low, but I think most people had a go. Another good little fun earner.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Fanx lovezois, all good`uns, they have been added, just about to add the hurdles race as well

I`ll re-post the updated list each time we get a new page so people don`t have to search for it when suggesting more ideas. There will be a FAQ compilation in the offing which megan57collies is very kindly going to help me with, thank you hun :smt058

You have all been brilliant making suggestions, keep `em coming :smt041
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Would it be an idea to set up a website for people on how to run a companion/fun show and go through the steps etc?
Becky
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2007, 04:04 PM
What about fastest recall? At our shows we split it into under 18", over 18" and lurchers (just to give the others a chance

We also do fastest chocolate button eater where we set up a windy course and the dog has to eat a chocolate button from each strategically placed plate.

Becky, Nala retrieved the sausage whole too, at least I didn't see her chewing it
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >