View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Yes Griff, same as yesterday, see I was saying only this week how dogs like routine over everything, even if it means getting hot in the sun

Just got back to the car park with dogs and old man comes up to me and says "Are you going home now?"

I didn't have a clue who it was, then he says "Would you mind to put these keys in my front door, wife is out shopping and won't be able to get in, I was supposed to have left them in the door "

I was bemused Who is he, where does he live, is it some new kind of con.

Turns out he recognised me and he knew I had to drive right past his house and finally the penny dropped, I had met him (only once about a year ago)

One of the things I like about village life is that people are generally very trusting.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone back from London safely I do get the jitters being up there and doing the underground.
Isn't it terrible when on the train back from Kings cross to Littleport I was monitoring an Asian lad who had a black friend with him using his tablet, phone and had a rucksack.
I had to remind myself that that train was an unlikely target and they moved off to another carriage not sure that made me feel any better though.
thankfully we have survived another London trip won't be doing any more of those hopefully now Michael is moving to Madrid.
He is getting a bit stressed trying to fit in friends that want to say goodbye and they are both working till they fly out on the 7th.
I will feel odd him being another country but somehow feel they will be safer there. I managed not to get emotional.

Came home a message from agents we have an offer subject selling and a firm offer from the guy who came last week and is coming again tomorrow we haven't agreed to accept as we have in total 3 viewings tomorrow Gorden at work so down to me to keep Dillon occupied while the agent does his job. Other two tomorrow both had offers and the Saturday viewing are first time buyers so we need not to accept the first offer that comes along. To be fir though both offers are a figure we would be happy to accept if it isn't bumped over the offers in excess of.

Gordon so glad to see you are safe and the mem and the dogs.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Good afternoon all.

A nice cool morning here so we enjoyed our walk.

I now ache all over, but the porch and shed are both finished. Just the garage at the front now and it's job done apart from getting a skip to get rid of all the rubbish.

Unfortunately, Gary started fitting again last night. We half expected it with the mattress delivery earlier in the afternoon. He really doesn't cope with anything out of routine. Even family visits can set him off and we have one of those coming up soon so fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear your not well Moyra. There's nothing worse than legs that won't work. I have one of those - when it plays up, it drives me nuts.

Good news on the house selling front, Lynn. Sounds like you will soon be on the move
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Harvey indeed village life.
Sorry to hear about your son chris hoping he soon recovers.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Lol Harvey..good job you're an honest bloke!
Lynn, it never crosses my mind in London getting the tube etc...mind, I am generally in a panic trying not to miss where I am supposed to be! That is utterly fantastic news about the offers!! All your hard work has paid off, looking good for you being able to choose a home you really want
Managed half hour in the garden....mum and dad kept the dogs in so I could get a bit of sun
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 09:20 PM
I am wide awake, bored and in pain..not sure what to do with myself...watching dynasty!! Never saw it first time around.. nearly as bad as Dallas lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I am wide awake, bored and in pain..not sure what to do with myself...watching dynasty!! Never saw it first time around.. nearly as bad as Dallas lol

Haha, couldn't be that bad. I still remember laughing out loud when Terry Wogan was taking the mickey on his programme about the fact the Ewings didn't have a phone in the bedroom and female star had to come downstairs to answer a call.

Dallas provided endless opportunities for dear old Wogan to take the mickey. I don't think the American producers would have liked it had they known
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2