Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nix8
New Member!
Female 

13-12-2007, 11:51 AM

CDRM Improving???

Hi

Just an update on Bruce's so called CDRM.

We have now been to the Chiropractor 3 times and things seem to be improving. Don't get me wrong, he is not right by a long way.

I went last Wednesday with him and she says there is a marked improvement, he is alot stronger. I explained that he wants to trot when we go out for a walk now (I guess this is easier for him due to the rhythm), so I now have a 20minute jog at lunch time! Bit of a shock to the system that one as I am a smoker! I am also doing hind leg stretches with him after the walk as I am sure this is muscular/trapped nerve problem.

Also after his operation to remove his bits from inside him (one by prostate and the other in his abdomen), he has never raised his hackles, that was until last week. Chiro says this is a very good sign as this means his spinal nerves are working. He has also started to do the full body stretch again and even stood on three legs, turned his head a scratched his ear with his bad leg. He has also started tending that bad foot ie the nails.

Prior to his op I used to make both him and Chloe sit and leave their dinner I stopped this when Bruce started his problems. I have now started again and Bruce seems to have real problems trying to sit. My last GSD with CDRM just sat on his side with either his bad leg tucked underneath him or with it sat out to the side. Bruce seems to get so far and then really struggles for the last inch or so, he doesn't attempt to sit how my last GSD did.

Does anybody know what muscles a dog uses to sit???

PS Chiro has also told me not to do hyrdo yet until she has finished resetting everything. PPS she has not started work on his bad leg yet, as she needs him to get more confidence in her (he is very very nervous of vets) and needs him to be relaxed, she is just setting his spine and pelvis at the minute.

Thanks again.

Nix