View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Harvey, hope the diagnosis for Lara is just an infection and the ABs and whatever they have prescribed will soon have her on the road to good health.

Kazz, hope Buster is feeling better this afternoon too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Harvey culturing the fluids , means they will see what grows in there so they can ensure they have prescribed the best medication to deal with it as you know, different infections respond better to certain types of antibiotics. Oh gosh...do love a hash brown...with HP sauce...yum yum
sat in my garde with my book and listening to the music at the godiva festival..hahaha i don't even need to leave home to get the benefit...let alone pay £5 a pint
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Afternoon all,
Been for a Costa coffee with Lauryn - her treat
I had a taxi into town, we went for the coffee, had a walk bit further up to the chemist then taxi home. Am shattered now lol

Kazz so sorry about Buster, hope he is feeling better now
Harvey fingers crossed the antibiotics work
Griff maybe it's the starch in potatoes, do you like sweet potatoes? They may be easier on your stomach.
Moyra hope you enjoyed the Chinese
Sue hope they leave plea to of walking space
Am going to have a nap now will try be back later
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Pleased it it would appear to be only and infection Hrvey and hope the antibiotics work quickly.

Oh dear Griff not good you must remember NO chips

Well don Mandy on your trip for a coffee. Now rest and don't go over doing it.

Yes Harvey it is housing. Meant to be affordable but doubt it. Have heard rumours they are moving people out of Croydon to here. There is no work here, we are a seaside town so most work is seasonable and not any large firms here. Commuting isn't really on the cards as no fast link into London. When my son was staying here I had to take him to the nearest station with a direct link into London Bridge/Cannon Street and the fastest train was 1.5 hours. They are building about 352 houses so that means at least the number or more cars. The main entrance is about 100 yards from a bend and they are only putting in a filter lane. They are planning a bus route round this estate with it being in one entrance and out another. The exit is into normal residential roads not built to take a bus and can you see people, when finding how long it takes to get out onto the main road not using it as a short cut to get out meaning it will be chaos. There are no real facilities in the village it is mainly estate agents, hairdressers and a Tesco extra. The only banking facilty is Nationwide. One primary school and one doctors surgery with no room to expand it. They did offer to build a new surgery but it would have been the same size stupid or what.

That's my rant for the day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Harvey fingers crossed infection the diagnosis so far sounds more promising for Lara.
Mandy glad you got out and managed a little walk about hope you are resting now.
Very handy griff enjoying the festival for free from your garden.
Sue rant away similar here in this tiny village with maybe 3 hairdressers between us and Outwell and 3 mini supermarkets.
The increase in traffic will be diabolical. Huge house going up further along on the elderly lady who was a long standing member of the village the councillors became the executors of the will and instead of 5 social housing bungalows going up we have about 26 houses I think and each plot being sold separately either by people having a house built or builders. Now some of the local businessmen getting in on the act for their pension pots.
Poor Gordon next door but one having dreadful trouble getting permission for the access road to do up the barn for his personal use and build a couple of modest houses. They would most likely be more affordable for the locals than what is going up at present.
Similar here regards work poorly paid retail work or farm work or food processing not easy to access if you cannot drive or afford to run a car.

Speaking of which Mark is meeting the area manager for discussions re: money and hours regards the assistant manager job which his manager really wants him to take. He has a very good plan devised to put forward to try to persuade Mark to accept.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Yes Harvey it is housing. Meant to be affordable but doubt it. Have heard rumours they are moving people out of Croydon to here. There is no work here, we are a seaside town so most work is seasonable and not any large firms here. Commuting isn't really on the cards as no fast link into London. When my son was staying here I had to take him to the nearest station with a direct link into London Bridge/Cannon Street and the fastest train was 1.5 hours. They are building about 352 houses so that means at least the number or more cars. The main entrance is about 100 yards from a bend and they are only putting in a filter lane. They are planning a bus route round this estate with it being in one entrance and out another. The exit is into normal residential roads not built to take a bus and can you see people, when finding how long it takes to get out onto the main road not using it as a short cut to get out meaning it will be chaos. There are no real facilities in the village it is mainly estate agents, hairdressers and a Tesco extra. The only banking facilty is Nationwide. One primary school and one doctors surgery with no room to expand it. They did offer to build a new surgery but it would have been the same size stupid or what.

That's my rant for the day
Hi Sue, well I could write a similar rant 352 is a lot of houses to impose on a what I assume is a small village.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Hi Griff - "means they will see what grows in there so they can ensure they have prescribed the best medication to deal with it as you know, different infections respond better to certain types of antibiotics."

Thank you for that, makes sense now

£5 a pint OMG I can remember (just) when we and my mates were all outraged when beer went to 50p a pint (That was ten shillings in those days)
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh Kazz, I'm so sorry to read this especially because it is very similar to the situation with our Lara.

Was it on both lungs or only one Did you see the X-ray the one looking down should show black if the lung is healthy (I only learned that on Thursday)

The last six weeks Lara put on weight and was a tad slower on the walks but. like you, we just assumed it was her age and the hot weather, how I wish they could talk to us in a language we can understand.
Hello
Thank you so much. I hope all the best for Lara....its so scary you are on a roller coaster we have had Buster 3 months.....plus a bit, but he is so much in our lives now. Until the swelling (lymph gland) he just as I say "age/heat" slowing down...

The Xray showed "THE SOMETHING" on both lungs, I did not see the Xray I am back next Saturday morning unless anything changes.

I cannot do anything but give him the tablets to hopefully reduce the swelling, infection and see how we go this week, the vet believes this may be secondary due to location.

But to be honest it is all "as it is" I am not putting him through lengthy testing, operations, and treatments.

I am trying the antibitotics etc etc to reduce this swelling and hopefully then he has a good quality of life, is this is not the case then he will end his life as he has lived it the last 3 months happy and secure I am there.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Afternoon all,
Been for a Costa coffee with Lauryn - her treat
I had a taxi into town, we went for the coffee, had a walk bit further up to the chemist then taxi home. Am shattered now lol

Kazz so sorry about Buster, hope he is feeling better now
Harvey fingers crossed the antibiotics work
Griff maybe it's the starch in potatoes, do you like sweet potatoes? They may be easier on your stomach.
Moyra hope you enjoyed the Chinese
Sue hope they leave plea to of walking space
Am going to have a nap now will try be back later
Glad you are getting about okay.....onward and upward.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Kazz that would be exactly how I would go about things.
He has known a happy and secure life with you and your family and that is the nicest thing.

Well I am fuming. Had a phone call from heating oil supplier yesterday evening oil being delivered today. No delivery we were told they deliver till 6pm catching up apparently.
I was chuffed to get my phone call that has been a hurdle in itself now to be let down is so frustrating we have been out separately today instead of together and not able to move away from the house to far so we don't miss the knock.
I will be giving the agent a piece of my mind tomorrow it says they are open.
Have already emailed them the supplier is not open again till Monday they will be getting a piece of my mind Monday.
A quick call would of been nice to say they weren't able to make it, we are not in a hurry thankfully for the oil.
Seriously considering now looking for an independent supplier where we can deposit the money monthly then arrange a day for delivery to our convenience. Might have to pay a little more but totally fed up now with all the excuses.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >