Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 07:09 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 8th July

Good morning all, yes Lynn did enjoy the Chinese and there is enough left over for today!

Have a good day everyone, June hope you are feeling better, stay cool and dry everyone and above all SAFE and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Morning all.

Off to work shortly, just to let you all know Buster has a swelling on his face/throat went to vets yesterday as he was off his feet and my worst nightmre was confirmed he has a solid growth pushing against his windpipe/throat his lypmh glands are infected and caused the swelling they put him under yesterday to look as it his mouth. Phoned vets 9.30 for appointment at he went in at 12.30 and they kept him in........he came out 7.00 last night and has a cocktail of tablets the swelling is so bad they had trouble incubating him. This is obviously the cause of his bringing back bile and gagging and the leaky nose. They beleve it is a mass cell but unable to get a biopsy due to location and the inflamed lymph glands his heat was good his temp slightly high his chest xray showed something on his lungs....no more to say than he chased pidgeons this morning on his walk and i fast asleep now. We will be watching him but not molly coddling I hope. The welling came up overnight almost maybe slightly puffy thursday but nothing I noticed.....he has been quiet but put it down to the weather and his age.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Morning Moyra, Kazz and all to follow.

Moyra glad you enjoyed the chinese and do not need to cook again tonight.
Kazz so sorry to hear about buster. Hugs all round.
Harvey hoping Lara is well and Casey and of course yourselves.

Hope everyone else not mentioned is well to and all four legged friends.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Kazz, so sorry to hear about Buster's problems do hope something can be done to over come this and make him more comfortable again.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone

So sorry to hear about Buster Kazz hugs to you all

Pleased you enjoyed your Chinese last night Moyra and have enough left for today

Have a good weekend Lynn

Taken Teazle up the woods and fields this morning and it is now even more difficult to walk round with large sections now fences off ready for building work to begin. There is footpaths around them so we will have to see how much walking space is eft once they finish.

Been busy dead heading plants and picked and frozen more peas which are now nearing the end. `Runner beans are in full flower so hopefully will do well with those. Sprout and cabbages looking good so a lot more veg to come

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Oh no Kazz, so sorry to hear this...i am so glad Buster found his way to you and your mum xx
Moyea i had chinky chips and curry sauce last night...i was experimenting to see if i could manage the chips...i can confirm NO!! my tummy is soooo sore, seems i have an issue with potato..everytime i eat it i get a sore tummy and i looove potato
Wow Sue, i have got up, had brekkie and fed the dogs and cat, took my medication and done my hair...sum total of my morning Lol
Doing nothing today, most likely enjoy some sunshine and that's it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
his chest xray showed something on his lungs.................................The welling came up overnight almost maybe slightly puffy thursday but nothing I noticed.....he has been quiet but put it down to the weather and his age.
Oh Kazz, I'm so sorry to read this especially because it is very similar to the situation with our Lara.

Was it on both lungs or only one Did you see the X-ray the one looking down should show black if the lung is healthy (I only learned that on Thursday)

The last six weeks Lara put on weight and was a tad slower on the walks but. like you, we just assumed it was her age and the hot weather, how I wish they could talk to us in a language we can understand.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey hoping Lara is well and Casey and of course yourselves.
Hi Lynn, well we had phone call at 5pm last night, part (not all) of lab results received at vets, she said it was 'probably an infection in the left lung' which is better than we feared.

Our vet immediately prescribed a course of anti-biotics (Synuclav) in addition to the Furosemide (which are to help remove fluids on the lung.)

The lab have been instructed to 'culture the fluid sample' which might take another day. Haven't got a clue what that means but hoping it will confirm that it is just an infection and not anything more serious.

So we are both more relaxed here today

Took both on a little walk this morning along the river in Thetford. There's a place where Lara can go for a swim. Casey found an old McDonalds box with a bit of chicken and some soggy chips and guess what...........he ate it I wish people wouldn't just chuck the remains of a fast food meal on the ground, it's quite a nice area and further along some alkies had left bottles & empty beer cans all around, including some broken glass, which I was able to avoid the dogs walking on.

Hope you & Gordon are enjoying the weekend and Dillon is not to hot.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Taken Teazle up the woods and fields this morning and it is now even more difficult to walk round with large sections now fences off ready for building work to begin. There is footpaths around them so we will have to see how much walking space is eft once they finish.
Would that be for more housing
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
..everytime i eat it i get a sore tummy and i looove potato
Well we're opposites on that then Will eat chips if properly cooked but prefer 'hash browns'

Thanks for good wishes for Lara, it's early days but vet said on phone last night "probably an infection" hope she's right.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >